McDonald Beach Park is a 26.1 acre park and is located at the north end of Sea Island along the North Arm of the Fraser River. There are views along the Fraser River of working boats and log boom movement, there are long stretches of beach, picnic areas with tables, airplane viewing and views across the river to South Vancouver.
While you may have the urge to cool off in the river on a hot summer day, please be aware that there are NO lifeguards at the beach, the Fraser River is fast moving with a very strong current and the area is unsafe for swimming.
The boat launch and park are open from sunrise to sunset daily. Please refer to http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/richmond for sun rise and set times, 365 days of the year and plan your arrival and departures accordingly.
McDonald Beach Boat Launch is located on the north bank of the park site and includes two ramps. Please follow boat launch rules and guidelines for the safe use of the facility. Adjacent to the boat launch is a caretakers building with public washrooms.
Be advised that fees apply to the boat ramp, which can be paid at the meter on-site or through the purchase of an annual permit.
Apply for an Annual Permit
To apply for or renew an annual permit at McDonald Beach, please complete the online McDonald Beach Annual Permit Application.
For more information call 604-276-4345 or contact us via email at email@example.com
Dogs Off-Leash Area
There is also a dogs off-leash area in the park and users are reminded to adhere to the dogs off-leash usage guidelines.
- Dogs must be kept under control by their owners at all times.
- Stoop and Scoop: clean up after your dog.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be currently and visibly licensed.
- Dog owners must maintain effective verbal control of their dogs and always be able to see their dog when off the leash.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be leashed immediately.