Sports & Racquet Sports Schedules
Visit the Schedules page for details.
Tennis - Registered Visits
Indoor Tennis Court Rentals - Net Shed (Steveston Community Centre)
Rate: $24.95 (tax incl) per hour/court. Maximum two court bookings per person, per day.
Call 604-238-8080 to book a court up to one week in advance:
- Mon-Fri: 6:30am-9:30pm
- Sat & Sun: 8:00am-6:00pm
- In-person bookings commence 30 minutes after the start of phone bookings
Tennis Court Booking Policy
- Must have a valid City of Richmond Client Number.
- Only one week advance booking for court rentals permitted.
- One person’s name and client number is required to book a court with this person responsible for the full payment of the court booking.
- Maximum two court bookings (2 hours) per person, per day
- Participants should arrive no more than five to ten minutes prior to their booking time.
- No refunds or credits issued after a booking is made; rescheduling is only permitted within 7 days of cancellation made (if space permits)
- A cancelled court booking may be re-booked within 7 days if 24 hours advance notice is provided.
Tennis Rules - General
- Steveston Community Centre is a recreation facility. Open to everyone of all ages and skill levels.
- Please respect all user groups playing tennis.
- Proper clothing attire is to be worn for all racquet programs, i.e., no black-soled shoes, non-marking soled shoes ONLY.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or near the Net Shed.
- Players are not allowed to be on the tennis courts prior to their bookings of the courts as it is a courtesy to other participants. This also includes morning court bookings.
- All players must vacate the court promptly at the end of their session *Please do not ask groups to wait until you finish a game*
- Any food or beverages must be restricted to the off-court south side viewing area of the Net Shed.
- Please bring your own tennis balls. There is a maximum of 6 tennis balls per court. No baskets, containers or ball-hoppers are permitted.
- There is no unauthorized use of ball machines permitted.
- The public may use the dividing curtains to separate the courts during their bookings.
- Only service dogs are permitted in the Net Shed.
Only Steveston Community Centre authorized instructors are permitted to teach on indoor and outdoor tennis courts at Steveston Community Centre.
Tennis Socials - Booking required
Women's Social: Thu: 9:30-11:30am, $9/person
Men’s Social: Tue: 9:30-11:30am, $9/person
Co-Ed Social: Fri: 9:30-11:30am, $9/person
To book for the morning socials (Tue/Thu/Fri), call up to one hour before the session
All socials are subject to change and availability. Fall 2023 Tennis Socials begin October 3. No Tennis Socials in July or August.
Tennis Lessons - Private
Limited availability. Tennis lessons can be pre-booked up to one month in advance with payment due at the time of booking.
Steveston Tennis Private Lesson Request Form Fall 2023 to Summer 2024
|Fees for Private Tennis Lessons*|
|Single||$61.59/person + tax|
|Semi-private (2 people)||$33.84/person + tax|
|Small group (3 people)||$27.69/person + tax|
|Small group (4 people)||$21.52/person + tax|
Indoor Squash Court Rentals
Rate: $7.15 for 45 minutes (tax included) for a maximum of two sessions. Call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.
$2/racquet (limited number of racquets available to rent)
Squash Court Booking Policy
- All players must have a valid City of Richmond Client ID number.
- Bookings permitted up to 7 days in advance beginning at noon.
- Payment required at time of booking.
- Use of court permitted only during time booked.
- For a refund or credit, 24 hours' notice is required. There are no refunds or credits for less than 24 hours notice.
- A maximum of two courts are permitted to be booked per day, per person.
- All court rentals are for public use. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, private lessons are restricted to those operated by the Association/Society.
- Proper clothing required including non-marking soled shoes only. No jeans or black-soled shoes permitted.
- Schedules subject to change.
Recreational for 18+ years, 3 courts available.
Steveston Community Centre Recreation Drop-In Pickleball Registration Process
1. All players must have a valid City of Richmond Client ID number.
2. Sign-up is by phone only beginning 60 minutes prior to session start time.
3. Each patron may sign-up and pay for themselves and one other person.
- In this case, both people must be on the same account.
- Full payment required at time of registration by credit card on file or account credit.
4. No refunds.
5. Each person may only sign up for one session per day.
6. Participants are not permitted to enter the gym more than 5 minutes before the start of their session.
7. The first 12 players on the call list will be the players for the first round.
8. The last 4 participants registered, will be considered the rotation group.
- Patrons will be told whether they are in the first group of 12, or as part of the 4 players that will rotate in after the first game – not the line number on the sign in sheet.
9. Patrons are expected to adhere to gymnasium policies as well as the City of Richmond’s Code of Conduct.
- Tue: 5:30-7:00pm and 7:15-8:45pm
- Thu: 11:00am-1:00pm and 1:15-3:15pm
Racquet Sports Drop-in fees:
- Adults: $6.00 (tax incl)
- Seniors: $4.95 (tax incl)
Pickleball Court Rentals
Rate: $11.25 for 45 minutes (tax incl)
Book online, call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.
Sat: 2:00-2:55pm, 3:00-3:45pm; 4:00-4:45pm, 5:00-5:45pm