Recreation Fee Subsidy Program
The Recreation Fee Subsidy Program (RFSP) helps people of all ages living in Richmond who are in financial hardship. Financial hardship is defined as when a person has difficulty paying for basic living costs such as food, clothing and housing, and does not have savings or other financial resources.
RFSP participants receive financial support for many registered and drop-in parks, recreation and cultural programs offered by the City of Richmond and Community Associations and Societies. For residents who qualify, the RFSP provides:
- Unlimited free admission to many drop-in programs and services
- A 90 per cent discount on most registered programs:
- Up to a maximum of $300 per year in subsidy for children and youth (18 years and under)
- Up to a maximum of $100 per year in subsidy for adults and seniors (19+ years)
The following Rack Card provides a brief overview of the program:
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023−2024 program year (Sep 1, 2023–Aug 31, 2024). Contact the RFSP office at email@example.com or 604-247-4909 for application support and more information. If you are a newcomer from Ukraine wishing to apply for support, contact the subsidy office.
Apply for RFSP 2023-2024
To be eligible for the RFSP, individuals/households must live in Richmond AND be experiencing financial hardship as determined by one of the following two methods.
Individuals/households who are receiving government financial assistance from one of the following programs:
- Youth Agreements
- Agreements with Young Adults (AYA)
- Income Assistance
- Disability Assistance
- Resettlement Assistance
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
Individuals/households who do not receive government financial assistance but meet the following financial limits:
Family Net Income (line 23600):
Other Financial Limits
|Family Size 1||Family Size 2+|
|Interest and Investment Income (Line 12100)||$250||$500|
|Rental Income (Line 12600)||$1,000||$2,000|
|Capital Gains (Line 12700)||$500||$1,000|
|RRSP Contributions (Line 20800)||$1,000||$2,000|
The Instructions for Required Documents offer step-by-step instructions to locate the supporting documents required to apply to the program:
Instructions for Required Documents - English
Instructions for Required Documents - Simplified Chinese
Instructions for Required Documents - Traditional Chinese
The Frequently Asked Questions provides answers to commonly asked questions about the program, such as who can submit an application, how to get required documents, and when participants can begin to use their subsidy:
Frequently Asked Questions - English
How to Submit
Completed applications and supporting documents can be submitted in one of these ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Recreation Fee Subsidy Program, Community Services Division, 5599 Lynas Lane, Richmond, BC V7C 5B2
- In-person: at any City of Richmond recreation facility, the Richmond Cultural Centre, Richmond City Hall or the Public Works Yard.
Note: In-person application support is available at the Public Works Yard. Visit the Community Services Department Help Desk at 5599 Lynas Lane, Richmond, BC.
For questions about the Recreation Fee Subsidy Program, contact the Subsidy office at: