Rules and Etiquette
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all users, please observe the following courtesy code:
On Shared Pathways
- Ride, walk or jog in a predictable manner.
- Keep to the right of the path.
- Cyclists, e-bikes and e-scooters slow down and yield when approaching pedestrians.
Note: E-bikes and e-scooters maximum speed 15 km/h. For more information, see the E-bike and E-scooter info page.
- Cyclists, e-bikes and e-scooters pass on the left and use bell or voice to warn others when passing.
- Form a single line when meeting others in a congested area.
- Leash and pick up after dogs. Animal Bylaw.
- Respect the environment and adjacent properties.
On Scenic or Connector Routes
- Cyclists and e-scooters ride with the direction of traffic, and obey all the rules of the road.
- Cyclists are subject to the Motor Vehicle Act.
- Motorists, cyclists and e-scooters exercise caution when passing equestrians. Give horses a wide berth.
- Horseback riders are NOT permitted on pathways or in any public park (Parks and School Grounds Regulation bylaw).
- Many of the roads are through working agricultural or industrial areas. Be aware that large farming equipment or trucks may be encountered on these roads.
Dogs on the Recreational Trail System
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times on recreational trails and in parks, unless otherwise specified.
- Owners must clean up after their dog(s) at all times. Please remember to "stoop and scoop".
- Dogs are NOT allowed off-leash on the trail system unless on designated Off-Leash Trails.
- For information about Dogs Off-Leash Areas, please pick up a brochure at your local community centre, or see Dogs Off-Leash.