Parks Database and Search
» Find Another Park
Street Address: 9600 Odlin Road
Location: May Drive
Find Park on Google Maps
Recreation Area: East Richmond
Alexandra Neighbourhood Park is a 5.8-acre park located in East Richmond. Completed in 2022, its amenities include a playground, basketball court, table tennis tables, and off-leash dog area. The park's landscape design sought to complement existing mature trees with additional canopy cover and understory planting, and detain stormwater on-site to reduce the impact on the City's drainage infrastructure, create a pleasing natural feature, and provide invaluable ecosystem services.
Alexandra Park serves as a segment of the Alexandra Greenway, which will provide a continuous active transportation and ecological corridor between Cambie Road and the Garden City Lands.
The park also hosts the Alexandra District Energy Utility (ADEU) Building. The ADEU was the City’s first district energy system and established as a part of its commitment to reduce community greenhouse gas emissions. The ADEU currently services more than 2,200 residential units, 12 buildings, and 2.3 million square feet of floor space. For more information, visit: http://www.luluislandenergy.ca/adeu/
Expansive meadows offer meandering walking trails and provide important foraging grounds for local barn owls; two barn owl boxes are integrated into the ADEU Building. For more information on the City's Nest Box Program, visit: https://www.richmond.ca/parks/parks/naturepark/urbanwildlife/Bird_Nest_Boxes.htm
The central plaza within Alexandra Park contains an impressive public art structure. Entitled 'Pergola Garden,' it serves as an important focal point and gathering space within the park.
REMINDER! Pet owners in dogs off-leash areas must adhere to the following usage guidelines:
- Dogs must be kept under control by their owners at all times.
- Stoop and Scoop: clean up after your dog.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be currently and visibly licensed.
- Dog owners must maintain effective verbal control of their dogs and always be able to see their dog when off the leash.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be leashed immediately.
Features and Amenities
Additional Park Features
- Ping pong tables are featured along the west side of the ADEU building adjacent to the playground