I have been a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Professional Accountant for 20 years. I also hold a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of British Columbia. Most of all, I am a fellow Richmond parent who has lived here most of the last 28 years and I have a child in the school system.
My experience with Richmond Schools has raised some concerns:
• Lack of focus on core academic subjects
• Waste of teachers’ and students’ time delivering special-interest curriculums
• Lack of participation in and training for B.C.’s Foundation Skills Assessment
• Inadequate facilities (schools are not earthquake-proof; use of “portables” as classrooms)
• Enactment of a divisive SOGI policy against the wishes of Richmond parents
My 11 years in the education industry, experience with capital and maintenance budgets, finance, staff training and as an entrepreneur give me unique strengths and the drive to tackle these pressing issues.
Social Media: charvine.adl.5