Robert J. Tait Elementary School
Robert J. Tait Elementary School (1955- ) began as a primary annex to Bridgeport Elementary School and became a full spectrum elementary school in 1979-1980.
The school was named after Robert John Tait, a pioneer farmer in the area from 1895 until 1920. Mr. Tait served as a municipal councillor from 1908 to 1910.
The Taits eventually moved to Marpole where they managed the Marpole Theatre. One of John Tait’s sons continued farming the land in Richmond, and the school was eventually built on a portion of that land.