John T. Errington Elementary School
The first school buildings with the name Errington attached to them were built in 1957, but John T. Errington Elementary School (1957- ) was not officially opened until 1959.
John T. Errington was a pioneer farmer on Sea Island who purchased 210 acres of land from Hugh Boyd around 1879. He was one of the early petitioners for the incorporation of Richmond as a municipality. In 1881, 1883, and in 1890, he served as a municipal councillor. As well, he spearheaded the movement to build the Marpole Street Bridge to Sea Island. He also donated land for the building of the first Presbyterian Churches in Richmond and in the Lower Mainland.