Steveston Community Park is a 30 acre hub of activity in the heart of Steveston. It is a destination for families because of its unique and expansive playground and waterpark. The playground is built around a fishing village theme and includes the giant trawler play structure.
The Steveston Outdoor Pool is Richmond's best kept secret and includes:
- 25 metre—6 lane rectangular heated outdoor pool
- 3 metre slide
- Shallow tot pool for the youngsters
- Bleacher seating The pool is open from mid-June to early-September. Hours of operation are from dawn to dusk. Learn more about the pool!
The Waterplay area west of the Community Centre is open from Victoria Day long weekend in May until after Labour Day long weekend in September, weather permitting. Please note: in extremely dry, summer conditions, the waterplay area may be closed for water conservation purposes.
REMINDER: Dogs are NOT permitted in the waterplay / splash pad area. This is a play space for children and parents only.
The park is home to the historic Interurban Tram, which is housed in an interpretive centre on the original tracks near Moncton Rd. And No 1 Rd. It is located at that corner of the Millennium Plaza, which commemorates Steveston's origins as a fishing village.
The park also includes:
- 2 tennis courts and practice wall
- Lacrosse box
- Basketball court
- 3 baseball diamonds
Pet owners in dogs off-leash areas adhere to the following usage guidelines:
- Dogs must be kept under control by their owners at all times.
- Stoop and Scoop: clean up after your dog.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be currently and visibly licensed.
- Dog owners must maintain effective verbal control of their dogs and always be able to see their dog when off the leash.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be leashed immediately.
Dog Waste Collection Pilot Program
The City of Richmond is currently operating a dog waste collection pilot program at three off-leach dog areas.
Clearly marked red bins for dog waste have been placed at the entrance of:
For additional information visit the Dog Waste Collection Pilot Program