Public Works Open House
Public Works Open House takes place on Saturday, May 13, 2023 from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
The Public Works Open House offers a hands-on experience that includes plenty to do for all ages.
This interactive event is an opportunity for the Engineering and Public Works Department to publicly acknowledge our operations staff who provide a variety of services, especially maintaining our infrastructure. Likewise, City staff are able to showcase the work that is done on a daily basis to ensure the safety and health of the community. This exciting event draws attention to the importance of public works in community life and celebrates the annual National Public Works Week in May, recognizing the men and women who provide and maintain the infrastructure services known as public works.
“Our event is committed to fostering positive environmental, social and economic impacts for current and future generations within the local community.”
At this fun-filled event, you can participate in activities and visit booths about Water Services, Sewerage and Drainage, Engineering, Survey and Inspections, Roads and Construction Services, Environmental Programs, Sustainability, Parks Operations, Community Services and Emergency Services. You will have the opportunity to meet the people who keep Richmond one of Canada’s safest and most livable communities.
During this fun-filled day, you can enjoy:
- Real-sized heavy equipment such as dump trucks, graders and excavators
- Lafarge Kidcrete hands-on cement display
- Free kids food coupon and enter to win a grand prize by completing the Kids Passport – pick up a copy at the Greeting Station
- Lunch and snacks for purchase from one of the food trucks
- Live music and entertainment
- Richmond Fire-Rescue and other community partners onsite
- ParticipACTION Community Challenge booth
- Kidstruction zone
- Kids play area and games
- Lawn care display
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is this event held?
Where can I park?
- Austria Club - 5851 Westminster Hwy (5 minute walk)
- Blair Elementary School - 6551 Lynas Lane (10 minute walk)
- JN Burnett Secondary School - 5011 Granville Ave (15 minute walk)
- Thompson Elementary School - 6211 Forsyth Crescent (18 minute walk)
Which food trucks will be on-site?
- Aloha Poke
- Baba's House
- Bread & Cheese
- Cravings Kettle Corn
- Juicy Green Express
- Mama's Fish and Chips
- Martha's Kettle Corn
- Meet2Eat Catering
- Oh My Gado
- Pretty Good Sandwiches
- Takenaka Food Truck
- Toranado Truck
Will there be bike racks?
Is this an accessible event?
Is there a map?
Which bus should I take?
Should I bring my own water bottle?
Will there be washrooms?
Will there be change tables?
Will there be an ATM?
Is this event outdoors?
What should I bring with me?
Will the food trucks be using Styrofoam?
Will there be entertainment?
- Big Easy Funk Ensemble
- Smoke Wagon
- Wild Moccasin Dancers
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com