Steveston Community Park is a 30 acre hub of activity in the heart of Steveston. It is a destination for families because of its unique and expansive playground and waterpark. The playground is built around a fishing village theme and includes the giant trawler play structure.
Waterpark and Outdoor Pool
The Steveston Outdoor Pool is Richmond's best kept secret and includes:
- 25 metre—6 lane rectangular heated outdoor pool
- 3 metre slide
- Shallow tot pool for the youngsters
- Bleacher seating
Open from mid-June to early-September. Hours of operation are from dawn to dusk. Learn more about the pool!
The park is home to the historic Interurban Tram, which is housed in an interpretive centre on the original tracks near Moncton Rd. And No 1 Rd. It is located at that corner of the Millennium Plaza, which commemorates Steveston's origins as a fishing village.
The park also includes:
Pet owners in dogs off-leash areas adhere to the following usage guidelines:
- 2 tennis courts
- Lacrosse box
- Basketball court
- 3 baseball diamonds
- Temporary dog off-leash area—now available in the Fentimen area of Steveston Park
- Dogs must be kept under control by their owners at all times.
- Stoop and Scoop: clean up after your dog.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be currently and visibly licensed.
- Dog owners must maintain effective verbal control of their dogs and always be able to see their dog when off the leash.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be leashed immediately.
1 Full Court, No Light
2 Courts, Lighted
1 Box, No Light