Community Stewardship & Activities
Advisory Committee on the EnvironmentWhat is ACE?
ACE is a community-based advisory committee comprising of 15 citizen volunteer representatives. The committees mandate is to:
- Provide advice to City Council on environmental issues of concern to the community
- Assist Council in establishing goals and policies to achieve a more sustainable environment for Richmond
- Generate independent and credible information on key environmental issues and trends
- Anticipate and advise Council and staff of potential problems and opportunities for environmental sustainability
- Help enhance public awareness on environmental issues affecting the City now and in the future.
Members submit resumes and are selected by City Council for 2-year terms. The Committee meets monthly and all meetings are open to the publicHow Can I Join ACE?
For more information or if you are interested in volunteering your time and expertise, please visit the Volunteer for Council Appointed Advisory Bodies page.