STARS Activity 4
Activity 4: Pursue External Strategies
If your internal strategies did not fully resolve the problem, you may need to enlist the support of external agencies and develop a combination of internal and external strategies.
Task 1: Prepare your presentation before your first meeting.
- Ensure you can concisely describe the issue as well as your internal strategies implemented and their results to date.
- Have you filled in all the forms?
- Data, maps, survey results, and factual descriptions provide a more compelling presentation than random subjective observations.
Task 2: Arrange to make a presentation to a meeting of the City of Richmond's
Traffic Safety Advisory Committee (TSAC).
- Contact the RDPA Traffic Safety Representative (who is a member of TSAC) to be put on the agenda of an upcoming meeting.
- Following discussion of the issue, TSAC will advise you of the next actions or if further information is needed before a decision can be made.
Presentation Checklist Form
Task 3: Get support for your cause.
- Inform your school contacts of the approved strategy and enlist the support of school neighbours and the community.
- Submit a story to the local newspaper about what you are doing.