Resources for BusinessesRichmond's Single-Use Plastics Ban
The City of Richmond’s Single-Use Plastic and Other Items Bylaw No. 10000 has been approved by the provincial government.
The City is moving ahead September 27, 2021 to present Bylaw 10000 to Council for final adoption. If adopted, Bylaw 10000 will be implemented on March 27, 2022, with enforcement beginning September 27, 2022. Bylaw 10000 bans:
- plastic checkout bags (including biodegradable and compostable plastics);
- plastic straws (including biodegradable and compostable plastics); and
- foam food service ware for prepared food (such as foam plates, clamshell containers, bowls and cups).
Richmond Businesses are invited to attend a virtual workshop hosted by the City of Richmond to:
- Learn more about Bylaw 10000, including what is banned, exemptions, alternative products, timelines for implementation and how it will be enforced;
- Provide input on the business toolkit and point of sale materials being developed as resources for business;
- Ask questions and share ideas with City staff and other businesses;
Virtual Workshop Dates
|August 24, 2021||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||English|
|August 24, 2021||2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||English|
|August 26, 2021||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||English|
|August 26, 2021||2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||English|
|August 31, 2021||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Cantonese|
|September 2, 2021||2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Mandarin|
|All workshops are currently scheduled to take place via Zoom and will cover the same content.
Limited spots available. To register, visit:
- Discussion Guide: English , Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- 2019 Community Engagement Summary Report: English
Ocean Wise Plastic Reduction Partner Program
Through expert support and science-backed tools, the Plastic Reduction Program empowers the foodservice industry to tackle one of the greatest threats to our ocean – plastic pollution. As a program partner, businesses will receive access to one-on-one support to help them measure their current plastic footprint, identify opportunities to reduce, replace, refuse, reuse, or better recycle harmful and unnecessary plastics, and amplify their efforts through community-building and storytelling opportunities - all with no cost to join. Learn more at ocean.org/plastic-reduction or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative Material Supplier List
If your business sells food service ware, checkout bags and/or straws that are made from compliant materials and you would like to be added to this list, please contact email@example.com.
|Access Pacific Enterprises||www.accesspacific.ca
|Allworld Packaging Supplies Ltd.||www.allworldpackaging.com
|Bulldog Bag Ltd.||www.bulldogbag.com
|Chung Hing Co. Ltd.||604-324-7411 (Phone Number Only)|
|Eco Pure Paper Straw||www.ecopurestraw.com|
|F&S Packaging Ltd.||www.fnspackagingltd.com
|Folium Single Use Leaf Serveware||www.foliumware.ca
|Good Start Packaging||www.goodstartpackaging.com
|Gordon Food Service||www.gfs.ca
|Green Century Enterprises Inc.||www.greencentury.ca
|Green Paper Products||www.greenpaperproducts.com|
|Moshe Paper & Packaging Ltd.||www.mppl.ca
|Tapio Tea Company||www.ttcompany.ca
|WR Display & Packaging||www.wrdisplay.ca
|Yen Bros. Food Service (2011) Ltd.||www.yenbros.com