Richmond has completed a mix of community engagement to work with business and collect feedback from residents. This included:
- Business workshops and a Discussion Guide (2019)
- Online community survey in (2019)
- Business virtual workshops (2021)
- Community information campaigns (2019, 2020 and 2021)
Please review the 2019 Community Engagement Summary Report to learn more about what was shared by residents and business operators who participated.
The following news releases were also issued to raise awareness about Bylaw 10000.
- News Release Sep 12, 2020 - Richmond to determine timing of Single-Use Plastic and Other Items Bylaw following Provincial approval
- News Release Jul 24, 2019 - Richmond takes lead to ban single-use plastics
- News Release Oct 16, 2019 - Richmond seeks business and public feedback on the ban of single-use plastic and other items