Blue Box Recycling
Recyclable materials from the Blue Box program are collected weekly from single-family homes and some townhomes complexes.
Visit Collection Schedule to find-out your recycling collection day.
Blue Box Recycling Guide
Here's how to use the City's Blue Box program to recycle at home
- Sort recyclable materials using the Mixed Paper Recycling Bag, Glass Recycling Bin and Blue Box.
- Place at the curbside with your garbage container before 7:30 a.m. on collection day, but no earlier than 8:00 p.m. the night before.
- If there's a statutory holiday, your collection day will occur one day later than the normal collection day and will resume on the regular schedule the following week.
What Goes Where
|GLASS JARS & GLASS BOTTLES
|What to Recycle||
|How to Recycle||Place in the yellow Mixed Paper Recycling Bag||
|Do not include||
Blue Box Recycling Tips:
- Do not put your recyclables into a plastic bag - place them in the various bins separately, and avoid stacking or nestling items together (e.g. a aluminium tin nestled inside a plastic container).
- Some household items, like propane tanks, and hazardous materials are not accepted as part of the Blue Box program. Please phone RCBC Hotline at 604-732-9253.
- Please make sure containers are emptied and rinsed before placing them in the Blue Box or Glass Recycling bin.
- Bring excessive amounts of cardboard, containers and/or paper products to City's Recycling Depot
How to Get a Blue Box, Mixed Paper Bag or Glass Recycling Bin
There is no charge for a new or replacement Blue Box, grey Glass Recycling Bin or yellow Mixed Paper Recycling Bag. To obtain these items, please call 604-276-4010, or pick them up at the following locations:
City Recycling Depot
5555 Lynas Lane
Monday to Sunday (Closed on Statutory Holidays)
9:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
6911 No. 3 Road
Monday to Friday (Closed on Weekends & statutory holidays)
8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note: There are two different sizes for Blue Box and the larger Blue Box is only available for pick up at the Recycling Depot.
- Standard Blue Box: 18.5" L x 15.5" W x 15.5" H or,
- Larger Blue Box: 19" L x 16" W x 21" H
Online request: Select "Need Help" from the Recycling Wizard, then choose "I need to order bins".
Helpful Links and Resources