Recycling and Garbage Services Overview
Do not litter these items:
- Remember – used tissues, disposable wipes, face masks and gloves should all be disposed of in the garbage.
- Place these items into garbage bags and tie the bag securely (no loose items).
- Please do not put any of the items above in your Recycling Bins or Green Cart.
- If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick, please double bag all personal waste in plastic garbage bags.
- Do not dispose wipes, sanitary products, items down toilets, sinks or drains.
Thank you for your patience as the Recycling Depot undergoes renovations from June - September to better serve Richmond Residents. The Recycling Depot will continue to operate 6 days per week (Tuesday to Sunday) from 9 am - 6:15 pm. Note there will be traffic control in place to ensure social distancing and safety.
Sign-Up for Free Recycling and Garbage Reminders
Single-family home residents can sign-up for free recycling and garbage pick up day reminders. Residents can set up how they want to receive reminders, which are available by email, text message or a phone call. The tool is simple and easy to use. Just enter your address below and click on "Find."
This service does not apply to townhomes and multi-family dwellings with private garbage pickup or Blue Carts. Please contact your property management company for your pickup schedule.
Related Links and Resources
- Recycling and Garbage Curbside Collection Guide
- Recycling and Garbage Centralized Collection Guide
- Report 2019: Continuous Improvement for Sustainable Waste Management
- Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory
- Recycling Council of BC Hotline - 604-732-9253
- Report missed garbage and recycling, call 604-276-4010 or email Garbage and Recycling
Please point your mouse on Recycling & Garbage section in the main menu on the left of this page to see the list of topics in the fly-out menus.