Recycling and Garbage Services Overview
Thanks to our residents, we are only 2% away from our target to divert 80% of our household waste from the landfill by 2020.
Starting February 11, 2020, the Recycling Depot will be accepting motor oil, antifreeze, oil filters as well as empty oil and antifreeze containers.
Reminder there will be a Temporary Change for Recycling and Garbage Collection for Christmas and New Years Day.
Sign-Up for Free Recycling and Garbage Reminders
Single-family home residents can sign-up for free recycling and garbage pick up day reminders. Residents can set up how they want to receive reminders, which are available by email, text message or a phone call. The tool is simple and easy to use. Just enter your address below and click on "Find."
This service does not apply to townhomes and multi-family dwellings with private garbage pickup or Blue Carts. Please contact your property management company for your pickup schedule.
Related Links and Resources
- Recycling and Garbage Curbside Collection Guide
- Recycling and Garbage Centralized Collection Guide
- Report 2018: Building Momentum Towards 80% Waste Diversion
- Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory
- Recycling Council of BC Hotline - 604-732-9253
- Report missed garbage and recycling, call 604-276-4010 or email Garbage and Recycling
Please point your mouse on Recycling & Garbage section in the main menu on the left of this page to see the list of topics in the fly-out menus.