Recycling and Garbage Services Overview
Thanks to our residents, we are only 2% away from our target to divert 80% of our household waste from the landfill by 2020.
Let's avoid single-use items. Learn more about Richmond's proposed bylaw to ban plastic checkout bags, plastic straws and foam food service ware. Visit About Single-Use Items Bylaw.
Reminder there will be a Temporary Change for Recycling and Garbage Collection for Christmas and New Years Day.
Sign-Up for Free Recycling and Garbage Reminders
Single-family home residents can sign-up for free recycling and garbage pick up day reminders. Residents can set up how they want to receive reminders, which are available by email, text message or a phone call. The tool is simple and easy to use. Just enter your address below and click on "Find."
This service does not apply to townhomes and multi-family dwellings with private garbage pickup or Blue Carts. Please contact your property management company for your pickup schedule.
Related Links and Resources
- Recycling and Garbage Curbside Collection Guide
- Recycling and Garbage Centralized Collection Guide
- Report 2018: Building Momentum Towards 80% Waste Diversion
- Metro Vancouver Recycling Directory
- Recycling Council of BC Hotline - 604-732-9253
- Report missed garbage and recycling, call 604-276-4010 or email Garbage and Recycling
Please point your mouse on Recycling & Garbage section in the main menu on the left of this page to see the list of topics in the fly-out menus.