Summer Season is Here!Planning an outdoor adventure this summer? Whether you are camping, hosting a park barbeque or picnic, here are some simple and eco-friendly tips to help preserve our beautiful landscape.
- Prevent overflowing receptacles by packing out what you pack in when visiting parks for picnics and barbeques.
- Plan meals ahead in reusable containers.
- Pack reusable plates, cups and utensils.
- Use a fabric table cloth and fabric napkins.
- Bring designated bags to sort your waste such as bottles and cans, food waste and garbage. Bring these items home for proper disposal if there's no garbage and recycling bins onsite.
After your summer adventures, remember to take a detour to the Richmond Recycling Depot located at 5555 Lynas Lane to drop off the following items for free!
- Flexible plastic packaging - plastic overwrap, zip top bags, crinkly wrappers
- Plastic bags
- Small and large propane tanks
- Propane camp stoves
- Electric air pump
- Battery operated lanterns and headlamps
- Plastic tubs, jars and lids
- Plastic drink cups and lids
For a full list of accepted items visit Richmond Recycling Depot.