Richmond Green Ambassadors Program
The Richmond Green Ambassadors (RGA) program is coordinated by the City of Richmond in partnership with the Richmond School District and provides networking and volunteering opportunities for secondary school green teams across Richmond and other like-minded youth.
- Engage, educate, and empower the community through outreach opportunities
- Develop expertise on City sustainability initiatives
- Opportunities for valuable teamwork and leadership experiences
- Volunteer hours to meet graduation or post-secondary requirements
- Personal growth
- Certificate of Appreciation presented by the Mayor of Richmond upon graduating Grade 12 (minimum: 15 volunteer hours)
How to Join
The Richmond Green Ambassadors is a youth program for secondary students (grades 8-12) interested in environmental sustainability through community engagement.
If you are a secondary student in Richmond and would like more information on joining the RGA program please contact us at email@example.com.
- Connect with your secondary school green team
- Register an ICanHelp account at https://icanhelp.richmond.ca
- When filling in the online form, under “Preferred Volunteer Placement” please select “Environmental Programs”
|Symposiums||Network monthly during the school year with other Richmond Secondary school green teams. Learn to critically think and present on engaging environmental topics.|
|Special Events||Develop communication and problem-solving skills by educating the public on proper recycling at City special events. Manage waste stations and experience teamwork, growth, and leadership opportunities. Various events throughout the year with the majority taking place in the summer.
|Invasive Plant Pulls||Participate in the Partners for Beautification Program
Assist in removing invasive species, training and safety equipment provided.
Seasonal and weather dependent.
|Richmond Earth Day Youth (REaDY) Summit||Build leadership skills and inspire a younger generation of environmental stewards in this youth-led conference held annually in April. Range of roles and commitment levels available.
REaDY Summit is organized in partnership with the City of Richmond, Richmond School District, and David Suzuki Foundation.
For more information visit here.
|Other Community Outreach||Additional opportunities to interact and engage with the public through the City.|
How It All Began
Secondary Schools in the RGA program:
- Richmond High
Richmond Green Ambassadors Experience
- "I was eager to join and meet others with the same interests, learn more about the environment and make an impact in our community."
- "I volunteered many hours at the Richmond World Festival, Richmond Maritime Festival, Ships to Shore, and many more events."
- "I learned about everything green!"
- "My most memorable experience with Green Ambassadors was my first time participating and planning in the annual Richmond Earth Day Youth Summit. I had a lot of fun meeting new people and seeing how it can be created and executed by a team of youth who are just passionate about our environment."
- "I learned how to be a leader in my own community."