Community Ideas Hub
Ideas to Repair Household Items
- Before tossing out an item, first consider whether it can be repaired.
- Refurbish your barbecue: First, keep your barbecue clean with regular brushing of the grates plus washing the exterior. Second all parts are replaceable such as the ignitor to the burners and all the heat plate, hoses etc. Bottom line is you save money and reduce waste going to the landfill.
- Check out iFixit repair guides for instructions on how to repair a variety of household items including mobile phones, game consoles, appliances and other items.
- Learn to how to do some common clothing repairs by visiting Metro Vancouver Repairs & Alterations page.
- Learn about how we can support the circular economy by repairing items through the Ellen MacArthur Foundation Empowering Repair partnership.
- Participate in Richmond Repair Fairs.