Ideas to Reduce Single-Use Items
- Choose reusable options like reusable straws, containers and bags such as checkout bags, sandwich bags, gift bags and produce bags.
- Keep reusable items like bags in the car so they are handy when needed.
- Use reusable masks instead of disposable types.
- Choose reusable natural substitutes for plastic wrap such as beeswax coated cloth wraps and reusable silicon stretch wraps.
- Instead of using plastic wrap, use a plate to cover food.
- For more tips and information about reducing single-use items, see the Single-Use Plastic Ban.
- Use refillable containers for shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. and purchase bulk-sized products to fill them.
- When you get takeout food, opt out of cutlery and use your own instead.