Richmond Recycling and Garbage Brochures and Guides
Richmond delivers a wide range of recycling and waste management services for all residents to ensure that all waste is managed effectively and efficiently. The following are links to program brochures and guides.
Curbside Collection Programs
These documents are for residents in single-family homes and some townhomes with curbside collection services.
- Blue Box Recycling brochure ( English, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
- Green Cart Recycling brochure ( English, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
- Recycling and Garbage Collection guide ( English, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
- Garbage Cart Collection brochure ( English coming soon, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
Centralized Collection Programs
These documents are for residents in multi-family complexes (apartments, condominiums and some townhomes) with share recycling enclosure.
- Blue Cart brochure ( English, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
- Centralized Collection Guides ( English, Traditional Chinese)
- Large Item Pick Up program ( English, Traditional Chinese coming soon)
- Richmond Recycling Depot ( English, Traditional Chinese)
- Composting at Home ( coming soon)
- 2020 Recycling and Solid Waste Management Report
|Environment and Climate Change Strategy||
Responsible for the effective protection, management and conservation of BC’s water, land, air and living resources. It leads work on climate preparedness and adaptation and leads plans to meet greenhouse gas reduction targets.
|Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA)||
Information on issues of plastic manufacturing in Canada, reuse of plastics, plastics recycling, health, industry safety and the environment.
|Composting Council of Canada||
Composting Council of Canada is a national non-profit organization that serves as the central resource and network for composting industry in Canada.
|Eco Waste Industries Ltd||
Ecowaste operates a commercial landfill and recycling operation in Richmond.
|Extended Producer Responsibility
||Information on British Columbia's Industry-Led Product Stewardship programs require producers of designated products to take Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for the life cycle management of their products, including collection and recycling.
|Love Food Hate Waste Canada||
National campaign to help Canadians make the most of the food they love.
|Metro Vancouver||Metro Vancouver is responsible for waste reduction, recycling planning, and the operation of a series of solid waste facilities in the region.|
|National Zero Waste Council||The National Zero Waste Council, an initiative of Metro Vancouver, is leading Canada's transition to a circular economy by bringing together governments, businesses and NGOs to advance a waste prevention agenda that maximizes economic opportunities for the benefit of all Canadians.|
|Recycling Council of BC (RCBC)||Non-profit organization that promotes the principles of zero waste through information services, the exchange of ideas and research.
Phone: 604-732-9253 (604-RECYCLE)
|Richmond Shares||Non-profit organization that facilitates the exchange of gently used items|