Noise Bylaw Exemptions
Purpose of Noise Bylaw Exemption
The purpose of the Noise Bylaw Exemption is to allow construction projects to proceed outside of normal working days/hours under certain circumstances. It may be granted to construction projects by the General Manager if the project satisfies the following conditions (Refer to Bylaw 8856 Section 4.2.2);
- The volume of traffic in the area of the proposed construction is such as to cause danger to the workers on the job, or to cause traffic congestion;
- The impact and inconvenience to residents in the area of the proposed construction can be minimized;
- The construction cannot be undertaken efficiently or safely during the normal working day; or
- Interruption of any during normal working day would cause any person undue hardship.
Noise Bylaw Exemption Application
All applicants must review Noise Regulation Bylaw 8856
The following locations have been granted a Noise Bylaw Exemption:
- Van Horne Way and No. 4 Road - December 15, 16 and 23, 2018 (backup dates December 22 and 29) - Saturdays, 7:00 am to 10:00 am and Sundays 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Alderbridge Laneway - December 10 to 15 (weekday: 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm; Saturday: 8:00 am to 10:00 am and 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm)
- 13100 Smallwood Place - November 5 to December 14, 2018 - 8:00 pm to 5:00 am
For more information on exemptions to this Bylaw, please contact Wasim Memon, Supervisor, Inspections, at Wasim.Memon@richmond.ca or 604-276-4189.