Noise Bylaw Exemptions
Purpose of Noise Bylaw Exemption
The purpose of the Noise Bylaw Exemption is to allow construction projects to proceed outside of normal working days/hours under certain circumstances. It may be granted to construction projects by the General Manager if the project satisfies the following conditions (Refer to Bylaw 8856 Section 4.2.2);
- The volume of traffic in the area of the proposed construction is such as to cause danger to the workers on the job, or to cause traffic congestion;
- The impact and inconvenience to residents in the area of the proposed construction can be minimized;
- The construction cannot be undertaken efficiently or safely during the normal working day; or
- Interruption of any during normal working day would cause any person undue hardship.
Noise Bylaw Exemption Application
All applicants must review Noise Regulation Bylaw 8856
The following locations have been granted a Noise Bylaw Exemption:
- Gilbert Road near the Gateway Theatre - February 11 to May 16, 2019 for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Westminster Highway between Gilbert Road and Alderbridge Way - February 8, 2019 - 10:00 pm to 9:00 am;
- Blundell/Moffat Road and Blundell/Curzon Street - February 6, 2019 - 1:00 am to 6:00 am;
- Van Horne Way and No. 4 Road - January 26 - 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and January 27, 2019 - 7:00 am to 8:00 pm (backup dates February 2 - 7:00 am to 10:00 am, February 3 - 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, February 9 - 7:00 am to 10:00 am, February 10 - 7:00 am to 8:00 pm);
- Jacombs Road and Westminster Highway - January 30 to 31, 2019 - 9:00 pm to 5:00 am;
- Smallwood Place - February 3 to 8, 2019 - 7:00 pm to 5:00 am; and
- East edge of the Parking Lot at WorkSafe BC - February 17 to May 16, 2019 - 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
For more information on exemptions to this Bylaw, please contact Wasim Memon, Supervisor, Inspections, at Wasim.Memon@richmond.ca or 604-276-4189.