Recreation Fee Subsidy Program
- Program Application
- How to submit your RFSP Application
- Program Benefits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
The Recreation Fee Subsidy Program (RFSP) helps people of all ages living in Richmond who are in financial hardship. RFSP participants receive financial support for many registered and drop-in parks, recreation and cultural programs offered by the City of Richmond and its Community Associations and Societies.
The following rack cards provide a brief overview of the program:
RFSP Rack Card (English)
RFSP Rack Card (Chinese)
Please note: All applicants need to re-apply each year as financial situations can change over time.
How to submit your RFSP application
At this time, we are not accepting application submissions or providing in-person application support at the Public Works Yard. Completed applications and supporting documents can be submitted in 1 of 3 ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Recreation Fee Subsidy Program, Community Services Division, 5599 Lynas Lane, Richmond, BC, V7C 5B2
- City Hall Drop Box: 6911 No. 3 Road, located outside City Hall at the west side of the building
- In-person: at any City of Richmond recreation facility, the Richmond Cultural Centre and Richmond City Hall
City Hall Drop Box instructions
- Completed RFSP applications MUST be sealed in an envelope and clearly labelled Recreation Fee Subsidy Program.
- The City Hall Drop Box is available 24 hours per day/seven days per week.
For application support or follow-up, contact the RFSP office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-247-4909.
- Youth Agreements
- Agreements with Young Adults (AYA)
- Income Assistance
- Disability Assistance*
- Resettlement Assistance
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Submit the 2020 Proof of Income Statement (Option C print) – required from BOTH you and your spouse (married or common-law).
- Print from Canada Revenue Agency My Account or phone 1-800-267-6999.
- Please note: we cannot accept the Notice of Assessment, T1 General or T4 Statement.
Financial hardship is when a person has trouble paying for basic living costs such as food, clothing, housing, and does not have savings or other financial resources.
You may be eligible for the RFSP if you:
1. Live in Richmond; AND
2. Option A or B applies to your situation (see below for details).
You receive government financial assistance from one of following programs:
*If you are receiving disability assistance, you are also eligible for the Recreation Access Program.
You do not receive government financial assistance but are in financial hardship:
Applications are evaluated against the following financial limits. Applications that exceed one or more of these limits will not qualify for the RFSP.
Family Net Income (line 23600):
Based on the Low Income Measure After Tax (LIM-AT T1FF) from Statistics Canada (updated August 9, 2021). Family net income limits are updated annually when new data is released by Statistics Canada.
|Family Size 1||Family Size 2+|
|Interest and Investment Income
|Rental Income (Line 12600)||$1,000||$2,000|
|Capital Gains (Line 12700)||$500||$1,000|
|RRSP Contributions (Line 20800)||$1,000||$2,000|
Free Drop-in Admission:
Our program and facility capacities are gradually being increased in alignment with the updated health guidelines. While advanced registration is still required for most activities, many drop-in programs have returned at City facilities. Visit program registration to keep up-to-date on available programs and services.
Enjoy free drop-in admission (where available) and free admission to registered visits at the following City of Richmond recreation locations:
- Aquatic centres
- Skating arenas
- Minoru Centre for Active Living Fitness Centre
- West Richmond Pitch and Putt
- Community Centres (choose one)
Advanced registration can be booked online at myrichmond where the 100% discount will be automatically applied to your registration during checkout from your account or contact the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and inform staff before payment to apply your subsidy.
Registered Programs at Reduced Cost:
90% discount on most registered programs:
- Up to a maximum of $300 per year in subsidy for children and youth (18 years and under)
- Up to a maximum of $100 per year in subsidy for adults and seniors (19+ years)
When registering for a program, a maximum of 90% of the program cost is covered by the Recreation Fee Subsidy Program and a minimum of 10% is paid by the participant (including taxes and extra program fees if applicable).
Please visit the link below for answers to frequently asked questions, including who can submit an application, how to get required documents, and when you can begin to use your new subsidy:RFSP Frequently Asked Questions