Recreation Fee Subsidy Program
How to submit your RFSP application
At this time, we are not accepting application submissions in-person. Completed applications can be submitted one of three ways.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Recreation Fee Subsidy Program, Community Services Division, 5599 Lynas Lane, Richmond, BC, V7C 5B2
- City Hall Drop Box: 6911 No. 3 Rd, located outside City Hall at the west side of the building
City Hall Drop Box instructions
- Completed RFSP applications MUST be sealed in an envelope and clearly labelled Recreation Fee Subsidy Program.
- The City Hall Drop Box is available 24 hours per day/ seven days per week.
- For application support or follow up, contact the RFSP office at 604-247-4909, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At this time, we are not accepting in-person application submissions or providing application support at City Hall.
Recreation Fee Subsidy Program
- Program Application
- Program Benefits
- Frequently asked Questions
- Contact Information
The City of Richmond Recreation Fee Subsidy Program (RFSP) supports individuals of all ages living in Richmond who are experiencing financial hardship. RFSP participants are eligible to receive financial support towards various registered and drop-in parks, recreation and cultural programs offered by the City of Richmond and its Community Associations and Societies.
- Youth Agreements
- Agreements with Young Adults (AYA)
- Income Assistance
- Disability Assistance
- Resettlement Assistance
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Family’s combined net income (line 23600)
After-Tax Low Income Measure (LLIM-AT-T1FF) (Statistics Canada, 2020), updated July 20, 2020.
- Other financial thresholds
You may be eligible for financial support if you:
1. Live in Richmond;
2. Option A or B applies to your situation (see below for details).
You receive government financial assistance from one of these programs:
You do not receive government financial assistance and are currently experiencing financial hardship:
Eligibility is determined based on the following information from your most recent tax document called the Proof of Income Statement (Option C) from Canada Revenue Agency.
The following eligibility thresholds are used to assess applications:
|Family Size||Maximum Net
|Family Size 1||Family Size 2+|
|Interest and Investment Income
If you have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and your tax documents do not reflect your current financial situation, please contact Subsidy staff for assistance at email@example.com or 604-247-4909.
2020-2021 RFSP Application - September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
- West Richmond Pitch & Putt Golf Course
- Aquatic Centres
- Community Centres
- Minoru Centre for Active Living
- Up to a maximum of $300/year in subsidy for children and youth (0 – 18 years)
- Up to a maximum of $100/year in subsidy for adults and seniors (19+ years )
Free Drop-in Admission at:
At this time, all programs require pre-registration and no drop-in programs are available, except for the following:
In lieu of drop-in programs, RFSP drop-in benefits (100% discount) will be honoured for single registered visits to the following City of Richmond recreation locations:
Pre-registration for single session registered visits can be completed by contacting the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300.
Registered Programs at a Reduced Cost:
90% off most registered programs
When registering for a program, a maximum of 90% of the program cost is covered by the Recreation Fee Subsidy Program and a minimum of 10% is paid by the participant (including taxes and extra program fees if applicable).
The City of Richmond’s registered programs and drop-in activities have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Refer to www.richmond.ca/register for available programs. For up-to-date information on affected services and amenities, and to read the Restoring Richmond Plan, visit www.richmond.ca/covid19.
RFSP Frequently Asked Questions