About Accessibility Services
The Accessibility and Inclusion section works to ensure that City services are open, accessible and appropriate for all; regardless of income, ability, sexual orientation, or length of time living in Canada. Accessibility and Inclusion is always looking for opportunities to bring groups together to create mutual understanding and cooperative opportunities. Together we can strive to make Richmond an even more inclusive place for all who live, work and visit here.
- Information on Cultural Harmony and Community Building - Information on how to get involved in programs and services in the community and to help make Richmond more connected and culturally harmonious.
- Advice and Information for New Immigrants and Refugees - Where and how to access resources for people who are new to Canada.
- Support for Individuals Living on Low Income - Information on low-cost and no-cost resources in Richmond including subsidized recreational opportunities.
- Support for Individuals Living with a Disability – Information on how and where to obtain a Recreation Access Card. Information on programs, services, resources and opportunities for person with disabilities. Advice on the accessibility of City facilities and programs.
- Employment Program for People with Disabilities - information on the City’s program that incorporates modified recruiting and hiring practices to reduce barriers that can exist for people with disabilities applying for employment with the City of Richmond.
- Resources for developers - the Enhanced Accessibility Design Guidelines provide guidance on how enhanced accessibility features can be incorporated in City-owned buildings and exceed the minimum accessibility requirements set out by the BC Building Code.
Where to Find Us
Accessibility and Inclusion Services
Community Services Department
6911 No. 3 Road
Richmond, B.C. V6Y 2C1
Inclusion Coordinator: Dorothy Jo
Email: Dorothy Jo
Telephone Device for the hearing impaired (TDD): 604-276-4311
Acting, Accessibility Coordinator: Melanie Burner
Email: Melanie Burner
In this section