Richmond BC Alert
Register today for Richmond BC Alert, the City's emergency notification system. Richmond BC Alert, launched in May 2021 and hosted by Everbridge, informs subscribed users of actions to take during emergencies such as floods, fires, hazardous material spills and other emergencies. Alerts may include information about evacuation orders, where to go for support during an emergency (i.e. location of reception centres) and additional information about potential threats to public safety or the community.
For additional support on how to successfully set up your profile and other information about Richmond BC Alert download:
Richmond BC Alert: Sign up Guide & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Register for a MyRichmond account. If you have issues creating or logging in to your MyRichmond account, email MyRichmond Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-276-4001 (Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm).
- From within the MyRichmond web portal, navigate to "Other E-Services" or click on the button below to be redirected to the Richmond BC Alert page. This is where you would set up Richmond BC Alert profile by specifying your contact details and the type of notifications you would like to receive.
You can also subscribe to Richmond BC Alert by completing the Offline Richmond BC Alert Registration and emailing it to email@example.com, or by mailing it to Richmond City Hall, located at 6911 No. 3 Road, and address the envelope to Attention: Richmond Fire-Rescue, Emergency Programs Branch.
- Three email addresses, four phone numbers, two SMS numbers, and one Text Telephone (TTY) number to their profile. To ensure everyone in your household receives the information, subscribers are encouraged to provide multiple contact details and to select multiple notification methods.
- Multiple City of Richmond addresses to receive targeted notifications for specific geographic areas within the City
- There is no cost to subscribe, standard message and data rates may apply, and receipt and formatting of the notification is dependent on the telephone and email provider.
Alert Ready is a Canada-wide program that allows provincial officials to issue emergency alerts. It compliments and does not replace the need for Richmond BC Alert. At this time, Alert Ready will only be used in British Columbia to notify of a potential tsunami or an AMBER alert, and is not specific to the City of Richmond.
There will be a test of the Alert Ready system on Wed, Nov 16 at 1:55pm. For more information on Alert Ready and the test, visit Emergency Info BC.
If you have any questions about Richmond BC Alert, email firstname.lastname@example.org