Emergency Telephone NumbersThese emergency telephone numbers are only to be used in the event of an emergency. For Police, Ambulance and Fire dial 9-1-1. Have the following information ready when calling 9-1-1:
- Who you need - Police, Ambulance and/or Fire
- What the emergency is - please be as specific as possible
- Location of emergency - exact address and cross street
- Your name
Remember that you should always hang up LAST in case the dispatcher needs additional information from you.
If you call 9-1-1 by accident, please stay on the line so the dispatcher knows it was a mistake.
Keep the following information near all the telephones in your home and make sure everyone in the family knows the procedures of calling for help:
- Your home address
- Your home telephone number
- Cell phone numbers
- An emergency contact person - preferably someone who lives out of province
Here are some other useful emergency telephone numbers:
|Public Works Dispatch||604-270-8721|
|Poison Control||604-682-5050 (Lower Mainland)
|Richmond Crisis Line||604-279-7070|