- Park in well-lit areas, near pedestrian traffic for your own safety.
- Use an anti-theft device.
- Remove your garage door opener from your vehicle, if it is stolen or broken into, the thieves may have access to your garage and home. Instead take the remote with you.
- If you have gated parking, wait for the gate to close behind you and do not let other vehicles enter behind you.
- Remove your possessions from your vehicle.
- Never leave your car running, even if you will only be gone for a minute.
- When possible, use well-lit parkades with white paint which enhances visibility.