Anti-Theft TipsPrevent Auto Theft
- Lock your doors.
- Out of sight: Don't leave valuables in your car, even spare change. Smartphones, personal electronics, work tools, credit cards and stereo equipment are some of the most stolen items. Putting your GPS under your seat won't work: thieves notice the suction-cup mark on your dash.
- Don't leave your wallet (and ID) in your vehicle.
- When parked, keep your windows closed.
- Use a car immobilizer.
- Use a steering wheel lock.
- Do not leave your remote in the car, if your car is stolen, thieves have access to your garage (and then possibly into your home!).
- Lock valuables in your trunk before you arrive at your destination.
- Install a tamper-resistant motion detector in your driveway.