- Alarm systems should be used in addition to other security measures.
- Alarm systems only work after your home has been broken into. To help prevent your home from being broken into, always ensure your doors and windows are locked.
- Always set your alarm when you leave home.
- If possible, keep your alarm system on even while you are at home.
- If possible, set your alarm while you sleep.
- Alarm systems are designed to both deter and detect intruders.
- Choose an alarm system with flashing strobe lights - this will help draw attention to your home.
- Check your alarm system's motions sensors on a regular basis to ensure they are in good working order.