Living Room Safety
The living room is usually shared by family members of all ages. To make the living room a safe place for children...
- Furniture & Electronics
- TV sets should be well secured so that they don't fall on children. Other large pieces of furniture, mirrors, bookshelves, and pictures on the wall should also be anchored.
- Keep VCRs out of a child's reach. Little hands can easily be caught in the tape slot.
- Furniture with sharp edges, especially coffee tables, can be padded with foam to prevent bumps to little heads and eyes.
- Other Things To Watch For
- Make sure visitor's purses are kept well out of reach. They may contain medication or small objects that children can choke on.
- If you have a fireplace, make certain to have a screen or doors that close.
- Children can fall out of a window that is open only 12 cm. Never leave chairs in front of open windows; children can easily climb onto them and out the window.
- Consider getting window guards.