Richmond residents shelter and an expansion of current services that have been offered in Richmond for the past 20 years. The new shelter, to be located at 12040 Horseshoe Way, is the result of a partnership between the City of Richmond, the Salvation Army, and BC Housing to deliver much needed shelter spaces in Richmond.
There is a transition plan in place to move clients from the existing emergency shelter (Richmond House at 3111 Shell Road) to the new shelter at 12040 Horseshoe Way. After the new shelter opens, the existing shelter will close.
An information session for local residents and businesses will be held on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 from 4:00 to 7:00pm at Watermania (multipurpose room) located at 14300 Entertainment Blvd.Project partners
- The Salvation Army will continue to manage the relocated shelter.
- The City of Richmond is contributing the land at 12040 Horseshoe Way.
- BC Housing is providing funding for improvements to the new emergency shelter as well as the ongoing operating budget.
- To learn more about The Salvation Army’s involvement in Richmond, click here.
- To learn more about the City of Richmond’s Affordable Housing Strategy and actions on housing affordability, click here.
- To learn more about services and supports for the homeless or those at risk of homelessness, click here.
- News Release - September 7, 2017
- Information Session Display Boards - Update
- Emergency Shelter Relocation - Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Feedback
- Faces of Homelessness in Richmond