Location: Richmond, BC. River Road, West of No. 2 Road.
Type: Free, outdoor, unsupervised with multiple features for all skill levels.
Surface: Asphalt ground with concrete obstacles.
- 1 large 6' bowled corner
- 1 6' high, 20' wide half pipe with a spine
- 3 1/4 pipes
- 2 small 3' high half bowls, side by side
- Stainless steel coping used on all transition obstacles
- Main starting pad has 3 rails
- One regular 5 stair rail (round)
- Low and long square rail
- 5 stair rail with a kink at the bottom (square)
- Fun box features a narrow square rail that continues from a flat rail to a down rail
- A long and low round flat bar in the ground
- An angled square rail that starts in the ground and escalates gradually to 3' off of the ground
There is one box ledge on the ground and a continuous ledge on the fun box. The start pad also features two ledges that go straight off the stairs.
There are over 10 to choose from including mellow/steep/flat and tranny.
The park is one-sided with regards to getting speed without pushing. However, it is nicely laid out for putting together lines and it has great visibility. It can handle large numbers of users without becoming too crowded and unsafe.
The park definitely has its peak times with mid-day to late afternoon usually the busiest times. Beginners are recommended to use the park earlier in the day up until noon to avoid crowds.
What about bikes?
The park is designed for skateboarders. Chromoly pegs are harder than the steel coping and cause damage.
The park features some nice, big overhead lights, which are on until dusk. Great for skaters of all ages who enjoy skating at night when the park is cooler and less crowded.
Park User Etiquette
The park is for all ages to enjoy. Use of alcohol, drugs and foul language is not welcome in the park.
Use of protective gear for ALL users is strongly recommended.