About Fitness and Active LivingThe City of Richmond offers a wide variety of physical activity and wellness opportunities designed to promote active living in our community. Our physical activity programs and services, for all ages and abilities, are taught by Provincially Registered Fitness Leaders.
Aquafit Instructor Training Program
Aquatic fitness is growing and we want you
The City of Richmond and Richmond Fitness & Wellness Association want to partner with you to expand our “Aquafit” classes.
- We provide discounted training in a fun, supportive environment
- You attend all sessions, study hard and grow your passion for fitness
- We offer a job and free mentorship and evaluation to eligible students
- You commit to being the best Aquafit Instructor you can be!
- 16+ years of age
- Participated in at least three Aquafit classes in the past 12 months
- Passionate about people and fitness
- Comfortable in water and able to stay afloat
- Able to participate in moderate intensity exercise
- Available and willing to teach at least one class per week in Richmond for a minimum of one year
Why you should take the plunge now!
- Special rate of $199 (80% savings on typical cost of $1,300+)
- In person, practical learning with fellow Aquatic Fitness Instructor candidates
- Weekend training, with coordinated course schedule
- We are hiring!
Applications will be assessed and approved on an ongoing basis until Sunday, May 27, 2018 or until the Training Program is full.
Aquafit Instructor Training Program Brochure
For more information please contact:
Fitness and Wellness Coordinator: Shawna Lum
Email: Shawna Shawna Lum
For information about becoming a BCRPA Registered Fitness Leader, visit www.bcrpa.ca.
BCRPA Registered Fitness Leader Brochure
Why Register with the BCRPA
Group Fitness and Aquasize Classes
Our land-based (aerobics) and water-based (aquasize) exercise classes are all self-paced and open to all individuals. Participants with health conditions or other special needs are encouraged to speak to the fitness leader prior to the start of class to give the instructor time to provide advice on exercise choices and exercise modifications.
Check out the online Group Fitness schedules.
Personal Training Services
Looking for motivation, expertise and one-on-one assistance? Book a personal trainer to help plan and reach fitness goals. Learn how to get the most out of workouts while making them challenging, interesting and fun!
Personal training services are available at the following community facilities:
- Cambie Community Centre
- Hamilton Community Centre
- South Arm Community Centre
- Steveston Community Centre
- Thompson Community Centre
- West Richmond Community Centre
Call the facility of your choice directly to book an appointment.
Personal Training Fees
Session packages are developed by a qualified Personal Trainer. Book a one-on-one session or train with a friend. View a listing of Personal Training Fees.
PAR Q (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
When you take part in any fitness activity at a City facility you will be asked to either complete a PAR-Q+, read the large poster version of the form, or to confirm you have completed the online version of the questionnaire, or complete and print the form here Par Q Questionnaire. This form is designed to identify people for whom a change in physical activity may pose a risk.
Active Living Questions?
The City's Fitness/Wellness Services Coordinator works in partnership with Fitness Coordinators at the community centres to offer a wide variety of fitness and wellness programs.
Email your questions to email@example.com.
Health and Wellness Services / Community Resources