About Fitness and Active Living
- Fitness centres open Jan 20 on drop-in basis, with limited capacity.
- Group exercise classes will be phased in beginning Jan 20 and fully available commencing Jan 24. Pre-registration is required.
- Vaccination proof and ID is required.
- Do not attend if you are sick or feeling unwell.
Visit the Fitness Centres page for registered fitness centre schedules, forms and registration details.
Advance registration required for single session Cycle Fit, Aquafit and outdoor Group Fitness classes.Aquafit & Group Fitness Classes
Richmond has a range of options with qualified, dedicated staff ready to share knowledge and experience through a variety of programs including Aquafit, personal training and indoor and outdoor group fitness sessions.
Fitness Add-On Fee
To use a membership to attend fitness classes and fitness centre visits at a facility other than where the membership was purchased, an add-on fee of $1 (community centres) or $4.50 (Watermania and Minoru Centre for Active Living) will apply.
- Select a BLUE BUTTON below to browse and register
- 604-276-4300, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
- In-person at any parks, recreation or cultural facility. Note: Debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
In-Person Fitness Programs
Online Fitness ProgramsOnline fitness Programs - Adults
Online fitness Programs - 55+
Fitness Orientation & Consent Form for Youth
Youth Fitness Centre Orientation (13-15 years)
This orientation is required to be completed by those 13 to 15 years old prior to attending a session. Book an orientation by calling a Fitness Coordinator listed below. Note: An orientation only needs to be completed once for eligibility to exercise at all centres. Call the Registration Call Centre to register for an exercise session and to confirm this requirement has been met.
Informed Consent and Permission Form for Youth Fitness Centre Access (13-18 years)
This form is required to be completed by those 13 to 18 years old and submitted prior to visiting a City fitness centre.
Informed Consent and Permission Form for Youth Fitness Centre Access
Personal Training Services
Packages are developed by qualified Personal Trainers to help participants reach individual fitness goals safely and effectively. Sessions are currently available for registration at Minoru Centre for Active Living, Cambie, City Centre, Hamilton, South Arm and West Richmond community centres.
Visit the Fitness Schedules and Fees page for fees.
PAR-Q+ (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
This form is designed to identify people for whom a change in physical activity may pose a risk. When taking part in any fitness activity at a City facility, clients are asked to:
- complete a PAR-Q+; or
- read the large poster version of the form; or
- confirm the online version or the printed questionnaire PAR-Q Form questionnaire has been completed.
Active Living Questions?
The City's Community Health and Wellness Coordinator works in partnership with Fitness Coordinators at the community centres to offer a wide variety of fitness and wellness programs. Email questions to email@example.com.