Open/Closed Field StatusSeasonally, as weather and local environment changes, so do the conditions in Richmond's park fields and ball diamonds. Occasionally, it may become necessary to close facilities due to poor field conditions. In order to provide customers and users with the most timely information possible about the condition of our outdoor facilities, the Open/Closed Status Reporting system was developed.
The City of Richmond Parks Department recommends that the referee and the user groups inspect the field prior to play, as it at their discretion to determine if the field is suitable for play.
Grass fields should not be played on under the following conditions:
- standing water
- soft/muddy areas
- frost, frozen or snow
Synthetic fields should not be played on under the following conditions:
- standing water, heavy frost, ice or snow
Open/Closed Status ToolsThe following set of links are excellent resource tools for teams, coaches, players and parents as they provide timely information about the open/closed status of all sports fields and ball diamonds in the city. The status reports generated by Sports Services are updated daily as required when reports of field conditions are received.
- Sports Fields: Open/Closed Status of All fields
- Sports Fields: Closure only Report
- Ball Diamonds: Open/Closed Status of All
- Ball Diamonds: Closures only Report
- All fields are listed under the park in which they are located
- Richmond Artificial Turf is listed under the official park name Minoru Community Park.
- Boyd Artificial Turf is listed under the official park name Hugh Boyd Community Park.