Parks and Facilities Terms and Conditions
Thank-you for your interest in renting a field in Richmond.
The Rentals Office will confirm your booking once we have received the following:
- Completed application form
- Insurance certificate which includes the following:
- - minimum $2 million liability
- - City of Richmond and School District #38 (Richmond) as ‘Additional Insured’
- Team roster (the City of Richmond requires that all users booking fields, diamonds or facilities must consist of a minimum of 60% Richmond residents, or be employees of a Richmond-based company).
Code of Conduct for Park Users:
As a responsible user of the City of Richmond and School District #38 parks, all leagues/teams/individuals are expected to follow guidelines.
- The consumption of alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted.
- Players, coaches and team supporters must be courteous and respectful to the residents, other park users, Caretakers, City staff and other agencies at all times.
- Designated washroom facilities must be used at all times.
- To obey traffic signage, regulations, by-laws and conditions.
- To pick-up and remove all litter generated while using the park (‘pack it in, pack it out’).
- To respect and protect public and private property.
- To obey all park by-laws and regulations.
- The use of field, ball diamond, tennis, basketball and lacrosse box lighting is permitted until 11:00 p.m. (except London and Hugh Boyd parks, lights are shut-off at 10:15 p.m.). Written authorization from the Parks Department is required for use beyond 11:00 p.m..
- To pick up after your pets (dogs must be on leash at all times).
- Field/diamond/lacrosse box access is limited to your assigned allocation times as noted on your league’s contract.
Permit holders are allowed onto their assigned area at their contract start time. All users must leave the are by the end time on your contract.
The league / teams / individuals have agreed to all of the above conditions. If one or more of the regulations are violated, the leagues/teams/individuals are subject to disciplinary action, fines, and/or termination of facility allocations, and could face appropriate statutes of the law.