City-wide Services, Programs & EventsSeniors Services
The City and partners are proud to offer high-quality and social programs and services for those 55+ years at eight community facilities, including the Seniors Centre at the Minoru Centre for Active Living.
Register for 55+ Fall Programs
Review the 55+ fall program guide and then select the BROWSE & REGISTER button above to register!
55+ Fall Program Guide
3 Ways to Register
- Select a BLUE BUTTON below to browse and register
- 604-276-4300, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
- In-person at any community facility. Note: Debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
REGISTERED VISITS - MINORU CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING - 55+
Registered Visits Currently Offered
Visit a community centre page below for specific seniors programming details.
- Cambie Community Centre
- City Centre Community Centre
- Hamilton Community Centre
- Seniors Centre at Minoru Centre for Active Living
- South Arm Community Centre
- Steveston Community Centre
- Thompson Community Centre
- West Richmond Community Centre
- National Seniors Day - Oct 1
- Positive Aging Campaign - Oct 1-7
- Seniors Week - early June
- Activate! Wellness Fair - bi-annual in odd years
View the Calendar of Events for upcoming events for all ages and activities happening in Richmond.
Seniors Wellness Coordinator: Tanya Fitzpatrick
Community Leisure Transportation Coordinator: Paul Liu
Community Leisure Transportation (CLT)
This important service ensures youth, seniors, persons with disabilities and all other Richmond residents have transportation to community programs, services and special events. CLT is an affordable transportation option for community organizations and offers a fleet of buses that can accommodate 16 to 22 passengers.
This service is offered on Mondays and Thursdays to:
- Seafair Centre (Line 1)
- Lansdowne Mall (Line 2)
- Walmart Garden City (Line 2)
This service is $2 round trip. Bus storage is limited, so only purchases that can be carried are accepted. Refer to the Shopping Bus Schedule or call 604-238-8450 for more information.
The City of Richmond, in partnership with Community Associations, offers out trips to improve the quality of life for seniors, and encourages social engagement and community connections. Visit www.richmond.ca/register for more information.
Program, Service & Support Clinics
Clinics offer in-person information for those 55+ years that live in Richmond. Services might include:
- Blood pressure checks with current or retired nurses
- Blood glucose and blood cholesterol checks, medication reviews and consultations with local pharmacies
- Booths hosted by local community organizations that support seniors
Call each centre directly to find out what is being offered at each individual facility.
Multilingual Seniors Guides
View the BC Seniors' Guides online or pick up a copy from the Seniors Coordinator at any community centre. Electronic versions of the guide in Punjabi, Chinese and French are also available online.
Seniors Information & Referral at Richmond Caring Place
This free service, offered in partnership between Richmond Cares, Richmond Gives, Vancouver Coastal Health and the City of Richmond, provides a vital link between seniors and eligible services and benefits. Trained senior volunteers assist other seniors in completing forms and by making referrals to services and programs available in the community. Information & Referral (I & R) Counsellors can assist with:
- BC Medical Plan
- Long-Term Care
- Fair Pharmacare
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Old Age Pension
- Canada Pension Plan
- Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters
- Grocery shopping services
- Senior peer counselling programs and more.
#190-7000 Minoru Boulevard,