The City is implementing the Restoring Richmond Plan, a carefully planned step-by-step approach to reopening services, amenities and facilities impacted by COVID-19. See Affected City Services & Facilities for current service and amenity information.
14300 Entertainment Blvd.
Richmond, BC V6W 1K3
Watermania Location Map
Recreation Centres Map
Mon-Fri: 6:00-10:30am / 4:00-9:00pm
Sat: 6:00-8:00am / 1:15-8:30pm
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines
The brochures below provide information on some of the basic guidelines in place for the safety and enjoyment of everyone who visits the facility. While not a complete list of all facility guidelines, the following information focuses on the most common questions and concerns.
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines - English version
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines - Chinese Simplified version
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines - Chinese Traditional version
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines - Tagalog version
Aquatic Services Information and Guidelines - Punjabi version
This facility is part of the Riverport Sports and Entertainment Complex and is easily accessible off of Highway 99 via exit 32, Steveston Highway east.
Watermania offers a complete aquatic and fitness experience all in one place. Facility features include:
- 57 metre competition pool with movable bulkhead - 25 metre configuration open
- 1 and 3 metre spring boards, plus 5 metre tower - call to confirm hours
- wave pool with interactive water play features - includes a large seahorse that pours water into a giant tipping bucket, a fun tot slide, and a variety of interactive sprayers and water wheels - open on weekends and holidays during registered public swimming sessions
- two exciting waterslides - open on weekends and holidays during registered public swimming sessions, except 7:15pm session
- steam room and sauna - closed
- two large whirlpools - open on weekends and holidays during registered public swimming sessions
- 3,000 square foot Fitness centre equipped with cardiovascular, strength and toning machines, as well as free weights - open
- two air-conditioned multipurpose rooms, with a wood sprung floor, available for fitness classes, birthday parties, meetings and room rentals - closed
The facility provides both universal and accessible change rooms and is fully wheelchair accessible.
The Watermania Sports Therapy Clinic (604-448-9616) and the Swim & Fitness Shop (604-277-1260) are included within the facility.
Watermania is a BCRPA Facility Excellence Award Winner and has been voted Richmond’s best family amusement centre.
For family fun... just add water. Come visit us at Watermania!
Important notice - Waterslides
Due to safety codes and manufacturer's requirements, only "single riders" are permitted in any one waterslide flume.
Parent and child "double riding" is not permitted. Note: children must be 7 years of age or older and 1.2 metres tall to ride on the Watermania waterslides.
Suspended until further notice
Joint Replacement Programs
Watermania offers registered pre- and post-operative programs for individuals having knee or hip replacements. There is an opportunity to learn about the program during the orientation class. While it's preferred that this class is taken prior to enrolling in the program, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Completion of the following consent form is required prior to joining any of the Joint Replacement programs described below.
Joint Replacement - Orientation
Gain an understanding of the JR2 class format, exercise and guidelines before beginning the program. An ability level evaluation is included along with a short Aquatic workout. This land- and water-based exercise program was developed in partnership with Richmond Health Services and aims to help increase the surgical optimization of joint replacement candidates.
Joint Replacement Recovery (JR2)
This pre- and post-operative recovery program helps patients improve range of motion and muscular strength before and after total hip or knee replacement and includes land- and water-based exercise. Clients are able to take part in either or both of these options. Progression to the weight room is added once more intensive activity is recommended. Physiotherapist referral is usually required.
Call Donna Bishop at 604-238-8004 for more information.
PAR-Q+ (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
This form is designed to identify people for whom a change in physical activity may pose a risk. When taking part in any fitness activity at a City facility, clients are asked to: