- develops interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- gains experience in lifeguarding and instructing
- creates new friendships
- includes lots of fun!
Richmond's Aquatic Services provides valuable and relevant experience directly applicable to the responsibilities of a Lifeguard Instructor. Many of the Lifeguard Instructors hired in Richmond are selected as successful candidates from skills and experiences gained from volunteering.
Volunteer experiences can include assisting or participating:
- with swim lessons
- with special needs swim lessons
- in staff in-service training sessions (eg, acting as a victim in an emergency)
- in shadow guarding
- with birthday parties
- with aquasize classes
- with the planning and/or implementation of special events
- in the fitness centre
Contact our Volunteer Coordinators or apply online https://icanhelp.richmond.ca to volunteer or for more information.
Minoru Centre for Active Living