- develops your interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- gains you experience in lifeguarding and instructing
- introduces you to new friends
- includes lots of fun!
Richmond's Aquatic Services provides you with valuable and relevant experience directly applicable to the responsibilities of a Lifeguard Instructor. Many of the Lifeguard Instructors hired in Richmond are selected as successful candidates from their skills and experiences gained from volunteering.
Volunteer experiences can include assisting or participating:
- with swim lessons
- with special needs swim lessons
- in staff in-service training sessions (e.g., acting as a victim in an emergency)
- in shadow guarding
- with birthday parties
- with aquasize classes
- with the planning and/or implementation of special events
- in the fitness centre
If you're interested in volunteering or want more information, contact our Volunteer Coordinators or apply online https://icanhelp.richmond.ca.
Minoru Aquatic Centre