Sports and FitnessSteveston Community Centre
4111 Moncton Street
Richmond, BC V7E 3A8
Fitness Coordinator: Jeannie Mansell
Fitness Centre Hours
Sat & Sun: 7:30am-6:00pm
Visit the Fitness Centres page for more details including schedules, how to register, fees and youth orientations and permission forms for the fitness centres that have re-opened.
Group Fitness Classes - Indoor & Outdoor
3 Ways to Register
- Select a BLUE BUTTON below to browse and register
- 604-276-4300, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
- In-person at any parks, recreation or cultural facility. Note: Debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - 55+
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - YOUTH
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - CHILDREN
Fall Drop-in Fitness Schedule
Steveston - Fall 2021 Drop-in Fitness Schedule
Advance registration is required for single session Cycle Fit, Aquafit and outdoor Group Fitness classes.
Contact: Jeannie Mansell, Fitness Coordinator, 604-238-8097
PAR-Q+ (The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone)
This form is designed to identify people for whom a change in physical activity may pose a risk. When taking part in any fitness activity at a City facility, clients are asked to:
- complete a PAR-Q+; or
- read the large poster version of the form; or
- confirm the online version or the printed questionnaire PAR-Q Form questionnaire has been completed.
Tennis Registered Visits
Indoor Tennis Court Rentals - Net Shed (Steveston Community Centre)
Rate: $19.66 (+ tax) per hour/court. Maximum two court bookings per person, per day.
Schedule subject to change.
Call 604-238-8080 to book a court up to one week in advance:
- Mon-Fri: 6:00am-9:30pm
- Sat & Sun: 7:30am-6:00pm
- Must have a valid City of Richmond Client Number.
- Only one week advance booking for court rentals permitted.
- One person’s name and client number is required to book a court with this person responsible for the full payment of the court booking.
- Maximum two court bookings (2 hours) per person, per day
- Participants should arrive no more than five to ten minutes prior to their booking time.
- No refunds or credits
Only Steveston Community Centre authorized instructors are permitted to teach on indoor and outdoor tennis courts at Steveston Community Centre.
Tennis Socials - Booking required
Women's Social: Thu 9:30-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Men’s Social: Tue 9:30m-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Co-Ed Social: Fri: 9:30-11:30am, $7.80 + tax/person
Night Social*: Fri/Sat: 7:30pm-midnight, $17.55 + tax/person
*Night Social suspended until further notice
- For the morning socials (Tue/Thu/Fri), call up to one hour before the session
- For Friday Night Social, call at 5:30pm; Saturday Night Social, call at 5:00pm
All socials are subject to change and availability.
Private Tennis Lessons
Tennis lessons can be pre-booked up to one month in advance with payment due at the time of booking.
Steveston - Fall 2021 Tennis Private Lesson Booking Request Form
|Fees for Private Tennis Lessons*|
|Single||$56.13 per hour + tax|
|Semi-private (2 people)||$30.85 per person + tax|
|Small group (3 people)||$25.24 per person + tax|
|Small group (4 people)||$19.62 per person = tax|
Squash Registered Visits
Indoor Squash Court Rentals
Rate: $6.50/45 minutes (tax included) for a maximum of two sessions. Call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.
$1.91/racquet (limited number of racquets available to rent)
Squash Court Booking Policy
- All players must have a valid City of Richmond Client ID number.
- Bookings permitted up to 7 days in advance beginning at noon.
- Payment required at time of booking.
- Use of court permitted only during time booked.
- For a refund or credit, 24 hours' notice is required. There are no refunds or credits for less than 24 hours notice.
- A maximum of two courts are permitted to be booked per day, per person.
- All court rentals are for public use. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, private lessons are restricted to those operated by the Association/Society.
- Proper clothing required including non-marking soled shoes only. No jeans or black-soled shoes permitted.
- Schedules subject to change.
Recreational for 18+ years, 3 courts available. Drop-ins can be registered for in-person on the day of the program up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the session. There are currently 14 spots available each session with no waitlist.
- Tue: 7:30-9:15pm
- Thu: 12:45-2:45pm
Racquet Sports Drop-in fees:
- Adults: $5.50 + tax
- Seniors: $4.50 + tax