Sports and FitnessSteveston Community Centre
4111 Moncton Street
Richmond, BC V7E 3A8
Fitness Coordinator: Jeannie Mansell
Fitness Centre Hours
Sat & Sun: 8:00am-6:00pm
Improve fitness and wellness with support from a Registered Personal Trainer at a City community fitness centre.
Contact the Fitness Coordinator or staff directly at any Fitness Centre for more information or to submit a Personal Training Package.
Drop-In Fitness Class Schedule
Visit the Schedules page for details.
Registered Group Fitness Programs
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - 55+
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - YOUTH
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES - CHILDREN
3 Ways to Register
- Select a BLUE BUTTON above to browse online
- 604-276-4300, Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm
- In-person at any community facility. Note: debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
Visit the About Fitness and Active Living page and the Fitness Centres page for more information on PAR-Q+, Fitness Centre Orientations and the Informed Consent Form for Youth.
Fitness Centre Etiquette
Fitness Class Etiquette
Code of Conduct
Sports & Racquet Sports
Visit the Schedules page for details.
Tennis Registered Visits
Indoor Tennis Court Rentals - Net Shed (Steveston Community Centre)
Rate: $21.70 (tax inc.) per hour/court. Maximum two court bookings per person, per day.
Call 604-238-8080 to book a court up to one week in advance:
- Mon-Fri: 6:00am-9:30pm
- Sat & Sun: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Must have a valid City of Richmond Client Number.
- Only one week advance booking for court rentals permitted.
- One person’s name and client number is required to book a court with this person responsible for the full payment of the court booking.
- Maximum two court bookings (2 hours) per person, per day
- Participants should arrive no more than five to ten minutes prior to their booking time.
- No refunds or credits
General Tennis Rules:
- Steveston Community Centre is a Recreation Facility. Open to everyone of all ages and skill levels.
- Please respect all user groups playing tennis.
- Proper clothing attire is to be worn for all racquet programs, i.e. no black-soled shoes, non-marking soled shoes ONLY.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or near the Net Shed.
- Players are not allowed to be on the tennis courts prior to their bookings of the courts as it is a courtesy to other participants. This also includes morning court bookings.
- All players must vacate the court promptly at the end of their session *Please do not ask groups to wait until you finish a game*
- Any food or beverages must be restricted to the off-court south side viewing area of the Net Shed.
- Please bring your own tennis balls. There is a maximum of 6 tennis balls per court. No baskets, containers or ball-hoppers are permitted.
- There is no unauthorized use of ball machines permitted.
- The public may use the dividing curtains to separate the courts during their bookings.
- Only service dogs are permitted in the Net Shed.
Only Steveston Community Centre authorized instructors are permitted to teach on indoor and outdoor tennis courts at Steveston Community Centre.
Tennis Socials - Booking required
Women's Social: Thu: 9:30-11:30am, $8.60 /person
Men’s Social: Tue: 9:30-11:30am, $8.60/person
Co-Ed Social: Fri: 9:30-11:30am, $8.60/person
To book for the morning socials (Tue/Thu/Fri), call up to one hour before the session
All socials are subject to change and availability. No Tennis Socials in July or August.
Private Tennis Lessons
Tennis lessons can be pre-booked up to one month in advance with payment due at the time of booking.
Steveston - Tennis Private Lesson Booking Request Form
|Fees for Private Tennis Lessons*|
|Single||$58.94 per hour + tax|
|Semi-private (2 people)||$32.39 per person + tax|
|Small group (3 people)||$26.50 per person + tax|
|Small group (4 people)||$20.60 per person + tax|
Squash Court Rentals
Indoor Squash Court Rentals
Rate: $6.80/45 minutes (tax included) for a maximum of two sessions. Call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.
$2.00/racquet (limited number of racquets available to rent)
Squash Court Booking Policy
- All players must have a valid City of Richmond Client ID number.
- Bookings permitted up to 7 days in advance beginning at noon.
- Payment required at time of booking.
- Use of court permitted only during time booked.
- For a refund or credit, 24 hours' notice is required. There are no refunds or credits for less than 24 hours notice.
- A maximum of two courts are permitted to be booked per day, per person.
- All court rentals are for public use. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, private lessons are restricted to those operated by the Association/Society.
- Proper clothing required including non-marking soled shoes only. No jeans or black-soled shoes permitted.
- Schedules subject to change.
Pickleball Drop-Ins & Pickleball Court Rentals
Recreational for 18+ years, 3 courts available. Drop-ins can be registered for in-person on the day of the program up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Tue: 6:45-9:15pm
- Thu: 12:45-3:00pm
Racquet Sports Drop-in fees:
- Adults: $5.75 (tax included)
- Seniors: $4.75 (tax included)
Rate: $10.75/45 minutes (tax included).
Book online at www.richmond.ca/register, call 604-238-8080 or visit the Steveston Community Centre to book a court.Tue: 6:00-6:45pm
Sat: 8:30-9:15am, 9:30-10:15am