55 +/ Seniors
Clubs and Groups
The following 55+ years groups meet at Steveston Community Centre on a regular basis:
- Chinese Multicultural Group - Mondays and Thursdays: 9:00-11:30 am
- Steveston Seniors Circle - Tuesdays: 1:00-3:00 pm
- Low Vision Support Group - Meets 2nd Wednesday of the month: 10:00am-noon
- Chronic Pain Management Support Group - Meets 3rd Wednesday of the month: 9:30-11:30am
- Ukulele Circle - Fridays: 10:00-11:30 am
- Bridge: Social - Fridays: 1:00-4:00 pm
- Golden Rods & Reels - Monthly Executive and General Meetings, 4th Tuesday of the month: 9:00am-noon. Monthly Potluck Dinner, 2nd Friday of the month: 5:30 pm
- Drumming Circle - Mondays: 1:30-3:00 pm
- Japanese Crafts Group - 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays of the month: 12:30-2:30 pm
Volunteers are encouraged and welcome to assist with ongoing programs and special events. A valid Steveston Community Centre Facility Pass ($12/year) is required. For further information, please contact Jose Mendoza, Seniors Coordinator, at 604-718-8098. Clubs and groups are subject to change.
Wellness clinics are held on the first Wednesday of every month (except July and August) at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre. Clinics feature blood pressure checks, consultation with a pharmacist and occasional health information tables. Holistic sessions include pedicures, reflexology, reiki, shiatsu massage, Body Talk and facials. Pedicures and facials are also offered on the first Tuesday of the month. Due to popular demand, holistic sessions must be booked in advance. To book appointments or for further information, please contact Jose at 604-718-8098 or email@example.com.
For information on the wide variety of programs, events and services for those 55+ years, please refer to the Parks, Recreation and Culture Guide. To register online, please see Program Registration.
The following detailed programs and services listings can be found under Activities, Events and Schedules:
For more information, call Jose, Seniors Coordinator, at 604-718-8098.