In accordance with recent Public Health Orders, the City is suspending certain programs and activities. See details below.
Updated: June 15, 2021
Programs and activities that continue to operate with the City's enhanced health and safety protocols in place are:
- Registered swim visits, including Aquafit classes
- Registered fitness centre visits
- Registered public skating visits
- Registered indoor and outdoor group fitness classes
- Skating lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Racquet sports registered visits and court bookings
- Tennis lessons
- Licensed preschool and out of school care
- Recreational programs, including dance, visual arts, music classes and sports
- Walk Richmond outdoor walks
- Adult hockey programs, including Stick and Puck
In response to the orders, the following programs and activities are suspended until further notice:
- Drop-in activities such as Open Gym, Games Room or childminding
- Seniors Wellness Clinics
- Large special events
- Facility rentals
Activities may be increased or decreased based on demand and public safety.
Check this web page regularly for updates on the suspended programs. Once the Provincial Health Officer issues the revised protocols for suspended programs, staff will work to reinstate the programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reactivate my membership pass?
Complete the form found at www.richmond.ca/register or call the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Please allow up to one week for your membership to be re-activated.
Are outdoor sports permit holders impacted by the new guidelines?
All permit holders for organized outdoor sports must follow ViaSport's Return to Sport Restart 2.0 guidelines, which includes a COVID-19 safety plan that is specific to their sport.
Are there any additional precautions being taken for the programs that are running?
All of our programs have COVID-19 Safety Protocols in place that include adherence to all public health requirements, including enhanced cleaning and physical distancing.
We also would like to remind participants that the City of Richmond is requiring the wearing of masks in all public buildings as an additional risk management measure.
How can I get updates on future program changes?
Visit www.richmond.ca/register regularly.