In accordance with recent Public Health Orders, new restrictions are in place for indoor physical activities and indoor and outdoor team sports until further notice.
Programs and activities that continue to operate with the City's enhanced health and safety protocols in place are:
- NEW! Low intensity group fitness classes, including Yoga, Core and Strength, Luk Tung and Qigong and Aquafit
- Adult outdoor sports involving four people or less for individual training and skill development only
- Registered swim visits
- Registered fitness centre visits
- Registered public skating visits
- Skating lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Racquet sports registered visits and court bookings - singles play only
- Tennis lessons - for children and youth
- Walk Richmond outdoor walks
- Licensed preschool and out of school care
- Arts programs - for children and youth
- Adult indoor and outdoor group sports for people 22 years of age and older, including hockey, basketball, martial arts, soccer and football
- All indoor high intensity group fitness classes, including Spin, Zumba, H.I.I.T. and boot camps
- Adult indoor extracurricular programs for people 21 years of age and older, including dance, visual arts and music classes
- Adult hockey programs
Activities may be increased or decreased based on demand and public safety.
Please check this website for updates on the suspended programs. Once the Provincial Health Officer issues the revised protocols for suspended programs, staff will be working to reinstate the programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will membership passes be put on hold again?
No, as passes can still be used for registered swim and fitness centre visits. If you would prefer your pass to be placed on hold, contact the Registration Call Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
When you are ready to re-instate your pass you will need to contact us again, either by completing the form found at www.richmond.ca/register or by calling the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Please allow up to one week for your membership to be re-activated.
Are swimming pools still open?
Yes, the Minoru Centre for Active Living Aquatic Centre is open for registered visits and swimming lessons, with the City's enhanced safety protocols in place. Watermania is closed until further notice.
Are Fitness Centres still open?
Yes, the following fitness centres are still open for registered visits, with our enhanced safety protocols in place:
- Minoru Centre for Active Living
- City Centre Community Centre
- South Arm Community Centre
- Thompson Community Centre
- West Richmond Community Centre
Visit the Fitness Centres page for more details including fees and youth orientations and permission forms.
Why are youth indoor and outdoor team sports still happening and not adult team sports?
The suspension of indoor and outdoor team sports for those 22+ years is a direction from the Provincial Medical Health Officer. All organized indoor and outdoor sports for people under 22 years of age must follow the ViaSport's Return to Sport Phase 2 guidelines. The City's program protocols also align with ViaSport's Phase 2 guidelines with a focus on individual conditioning and skill development.
Are outdoor sports permit holders impacted by the new guidelines?
All permit holders for organized outdoor sports must follow ViaSport's Return to Sport Phase 2 guidelines, which includes a COVID-19 safety plan that is specific to their sport.
How long will programs be suspended for?
Impacted programs are suspended indefinitely. Once an update is provided by the Provincial Medical Health Officer staff will work to reinstate programs when it is safe to do so.
Will I be given a refund for my cancelled program?
Yes, a credit will be applied to your account within five business days. Once the credit is applied a refund can be requested by contacting the Registration Call Centre at email@example.com or 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Note: it may take up to two weeks to process a refund; we appreciate your patience.
Are there any additional precautions being taken for the programs that are still running?
All of our programs have COVID-19 Safety Protocols in place that include adherence to all public health requirements, including enhanced cleaning and physical distancing. Programs are designed to focus on individual skill development where participants stay a minimum of 2m apart from one another.
We also would like to remind participants that the City of Richmond is requiring the wearing of masks in all public buildings as an additional risk management measure.
How can I get updates on future program changes?
Visit www.richmond.ca/register regularly.