Register soon for winter and spring programs!
Start dates and times:
- Tuesday, November 28, 8:00 pm: Aquatics ONLINE only
- Tuesday, November 28, 10:00 pm: All programs ONLINE only
- Wednesday, November 29: All programs in person and Call Centre
- phone 604-276-4333
- Twitter at @Richmond_BC #RmdPrograms
#1 - Prepare
Starting Saturday, November 25, read through the Parks, Recreation and Culture Guide (paper or online) or search webreg and select the programs you want to register in. The day before registration, ensure that you have an account with the City of Richmond set up and that you have all of your numbers ready:
- Client and Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card number with expiry date
- Course Number(s) from the Parks, Recreation and Culture Guide
Don’t have an account or don’t know your Client ID or PIN? Just call 604-276-4300 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm or call or visit a recreation or cultural facility during opening hours.
Special Tip: Did you know that you can put a credit on your account before registration starts (must be before 5:30 pm on Tuesday, November 28 if done through the Registration Call Centre) so when you register you do not have to go through the payment processing step of entering a credit card number? The registration system will automatically deduct the course fee amount from your credit balance. Just be sure that you have put enough money on the account to cover the cost of all the programs you want to register for including taxes.
Note: If you do not use all of your credit, it can be refunded back to the original credit card.
#2 - Have a back-up plan
Have a list of back-up programs in case the one that you want is full and you have to waitlist.
Special Tip: You can always add a name to a wait list, there’s no charge for this option. Experience shows that often people get in from a wait list so be sure to add your name.
#3 - Choose how to register 1 of 3 ways
- Online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.richmond.ca/register (starting Tuesday, November 28 – online only for Aquatics at 8:00 pm, all other programs at 10:00 pm)
- By phone by calling the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (starting Wednesday, November 29)
- In person at recreation and cultural facilities (starting Wednesday, November 29). Note: debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person
#4 - Your patience is appreciated
With thousands of people registering on the first day, know that the online system and phones can be busy. We have extra staff in our Call Centre to answer your calls and our computer staff is on deck to ensure our registration systems run smoothly.
Remember you can always go to a Community Centre or Recreation Facility in person where the line ups are short!
Some Fall programs are still available for registrationCross-register* for programs offered at any Richmond community centre, aquatics and arenas facilities, the Richmond Nature Park and Britannia Shipyards.*exception Cultural Centre.
Refunds,Withdrawals and Transfer Guidelines
We encourage customers to contact the Registration Call Centre, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm to receive a refund or to withdraw or transfer from a class or program. Customers may choose to contact the facility offering the class if withdrawing outside of Registration Call Centre hours.
Please note: refunds, withdrawals and transfers cannot be processed online
For further guidelines, open Refunds, Withdrawal and Transfer Guidelines.
Parent Consent Form
Download the Parental Consent Form.
Arena and Aquatic Schedules and Sport Field and Rental Information
Call 604-276-4300 to speak to a Registration Call Centre Customer Service Agent Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.