Dogs In Parks
Dogs Off-Leash Areas
The designation of dogs off-leash areas is an initiative by the City of Richmond and the Regional Animal Protection Society (RAPS), in consultation with the community, to provide areas where responsible owners may exercise their dogs on or off-leash.
- Dogs must be kept under control by their owners at all times.
- Stoop and Scoop: clean up after your dog.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs must be currently and visibly licensed.
- Dog owners must maintain effective verbal control of their dogs and always be able to see their dog when off the leash.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be leashed immediately.
To report animal cruelty, please contact the BC SPCA at 604-879-7343.
Designated Dogs Off-Leash Locations
The following locations are available for Off-Leash activities:
- McDonald Beach Park
- Steveston Community Park - beside the fenced baseball diamond
- No. 3 Road Waterfront Park - South foot of No. 3 Road along South Dyke Trail
- Woodwards Slough
- Shell Road and Horseshoe Slough Trails
- East Richmond/Hamilton Area - along Thompson Road
- Aberdeen Neighbourhood Park - at Hazelbridge Way and Sweet Ave NEW!
- McCallan Park
- Corner of Elmbridge Way and Alderbridge Road (temporary)
- South Arm Community Park
- Garden City Park - along Granville Avenue, near parking area
Note: The Garden City Park dog off-leash area is nearly complete. Outstanding items include tree planting and the installation of a water fountain – these will be completed soon, but the park is open to the public in the meantime
- Note: The Garden City Park dog off-leash area is nearly complete. Outstanding items include tree planting and the installation of a water fountain – these will be completed soon, but the park is open to the public in the meantime.
Dog Off-Leash Map and Brochure
For a complete, updated map showing designated off-leash locations, please view the PDF below and print a copy to keep in your car for quick reference to the Dogs Off-Leash areas near you.