Designated Park Activity Areas
Designated Activity Areas in Parks
Under the Public Parks and School Grounds Regulation Bylaw No. 8771, the following activities are only permitted in designated areas.
Dogs Off-Leash Areas
Dogs must be leashed in all Richmond parks, except in designated Dogs Off-Leash Areas. Visit the Dogs In Parks page for a list of Dogs Off-Leash Areas.
BBQs and Camp Stoves
Open Flame & Wood Barbeques/Stoves
Open flame or wood barbeques and stoves are not allowed in any Richmond park or on any beach.
Charcoal barbeques and stoves are not allowed in any Richmond park or on any beach.
Natural Gas & Propane Barbeques/Stoves
Natural gas or propane barbeques and stoves are not allowed in any Richmond park or on any beach, except in the designated areas at the following parks:
- Garry Point Park (12011 7th Avenue) - PDF Map
- King George Community Park (4100 No. 5 Road) - PDF Map
- South Arm Community Park (8680 Williams Road) - PDF Map
- McDonald Beach Park (3500 McDonald Road) - PDF Map
Note: When a fire ban or extreme fire danger warning is in effect, no barbeques or stoves of any type are allowed in any Richmond park.
Temporary, Pop-Up Park Shelters
New for Summer 2021: The City is installing a number of temporary 20' x 20' "pop-up" shelter locations in key parks across the city. These locations include:
- Dover Park (5580 Lynas Lane)
- Steveston Community Park (4111 Moncton Street)
- Paulik Park (7620 Heather Street)
- McLean Park (22500 McLean Avenue)
- Richmond Nature Park (11851 Westminster Hwy) has a permanent structure behind the Nature House
Download the following PDF Map for the exact location of the shelters in each of the parks listed above.
Playing golf or using golf clubs for any purpose is not allowed in any Richmond park, except at the West Richmond Pitch & Putt Golf Course in Hugh Boyd Community Park. Visit the West Richmond Pitch & Putt page for more information.
Model Aircraft and Drones
All types of model aircrafts, including fixed-lined-controlled, radio-controlled, power-launched and drones/unmanned aerial vehicles are not allowed in any Richmond park, except in designated areas.
- Fixed-lined-controlled aircraft are only allowed at 12851 Rice Mill Road.
- All users are required to be members of the Vancouver Gas Model Club or the Pacific Aeromodellers Club, and follow the rules, regulations and requirements of use. Visit the Vancouver Gas Model Club and Pacific Aeromodellers Club for more information.
- Radio-controlled aircraft are only allowed during set times in the designated area at Manoah Steves Neighbourhood School Park (10111 4th Avenue). PDF Map
- All users are required to be members of the Richmond RC Flyers Club and must follow the rules, regulations and requirements of use. Visit Richmond RC Flyers Club for more information.
Drones/unmanned aerial vehicles are not allowed in any Richmond park.
Power Kiting Activities
Power Kiting activities are not allowed in any Richmond park, except in the designated area at Garry Point Park (12011 7th Avenue). PDF Map
Visit the Power Kiting webpage for more information, including how to obtain a Power Kiting Permit and users’ Code of Conduct.