Geocaching"The City of Richmond GeoTour is the first Official GeoTour of a Canadian City on geocaching.com."
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game that uses a smartphone or GPS device. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates to find the prize - a hidden geocache container. Did you know that there are over 7 million geocachers worldwide and 3 million active geocaches?
The new Richmond GeoTour: “Canada 150 Series” has been launched! This new series features 20 new geocaches in locations throughout Richmond along with a new passport. Log all 20 new caches with their secret words, and submit your passport to earn a trackable Geo-Coin or Geo-Tag.
What is the Richmond GeoTour
It is a series of 50 hidden geocaches in parks, on trails, and at community facilities. On your quest, explore the Island City and discover Richmond's unique natural and cultural heritage. Find all caches in each of the series to receive a prize.
- Complete the "Geo-Quest" series of 30
- Complete the "Canada 150" series of 20.
- Learn about Geocaching using the Geocaching 101 section at www.geocaching.com.
- Sign up for a free geocaching account at www.geocaching.com.
- Download your GeoTour passport from this webpage, or pick up a copy from the Richmond Nature Park.
- Use a GPS device or smart phone and the clues provided on www.geocaching.com to search for GeoTour geocaches.
- Please respect the flora and fauna. Please tread lightly!
- Record your finds online and in the geocache log books. Some geocaches will contain tradable objects. If you remove something from the cache, replace it with something of equal value.
- Hide the geocache exactly where you found it and move on to the next one!
- Share your experiences with the geocaching community.
- Collect the secret words as you find each geocache.
- When complete, redeem your passport to claim prize.
- There is a different prize for the "Geo-Quest" series and the "Canada 150" series.
How to Claim Your Trackable Tag
Bring your completed passport to:
Richmond Nature Park
11851 Westminster Hwy
Richmond, BC V6X 1B4
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Daily
If you can't come to the Richmond Nature Park, scan and email your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail it to you.
The Canada 150 Geo-Coins have all been claimed but we have Canada 150 trackable Geo-Tags as an alternative!
If you have any questions or comments regarding the City of Richmond GeoTour please email: email@example.com.
Enjoy your geocaching tour of Richmond!
Terms and Conditions
The City of Richmond GeoTour Geo-Coins and travel tags are awarded in the order they are received, while supplies last. Only one prize will be awarded per geocaching username each series. The City of Richmond reserves the right to limit or revoke this offer at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.