Election nomination and candidate information packages now available
26 July 2022
Eligible candidates can now access a nomination and candidate information package if they are considering running for office this year. The nomination packages are available online at richmond.ca/elections or at the Richmond Elections Office, by appointment only.
To run in the Richmond election, a candidate must:
- Be a resident of BC for at least six months before filing their nomination documents
- Be at least 18 years old on General Voting Day
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Not be disqualified by law
The candidate nomination period begins on Tuesday, August 30 at 9 a.m. and ends on Friday, September 9 at 4 p.m. Candidates will be required to book an appointment with the Richmond Elections Office to officially submit their nomination papers between those dates. Alternatively, if candidates prefer, they may submit their completed nomination papers electronically to email@example.com after completing the solemn declaration in front of a lawyer, notary or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits in British Columbia. After submitting nomination papers electronically, candidates are requested to contact the Richmond Elections Office to obtain further details on how to provide the original hardcopy papers to City Hall.
On Saturday, October 15, 2022, Richmond voters will be electing one Mayor, eight Councillors and seven School Board Trustees.
- City of Richmond Elections: richmond.ca/elections
- Candidate Nomination Packages: richmond.ca/electionservices/candidates/information/nominations
- Elections BC: elections.bc.ca
Social media: #rmdelxn