Stay and play in Richmond this winter break
13 December 2021
Are you looking for something fun and different to do during the winter break?
The City of Richmond and its partners have organized something for everyone with plenty of fun, local activities to do during the two-week school break from Saturday, December 18 to Monday, January 3.
Some close-to-home, active options to get you and your family holiday-ready include:
- Getting into the festive mood by taking in light displays throughout Steveston Village, City Hall Plaza, Britannia Shipyards and other areas of the city.
- Experiencing the perfect place for a holiday skate at Winter Wonderland at Minoru Arenas. Set under a canopy of twinkly lights with festive music and an impressive centre-ice display, bring your family and friends to this annual winter time activity.
- Dropping-in to one of nine fitness centres for an energizing workout.
- Making a splash indoors (instead of outside in the wet weather) by taking the family for a swim at the ever popular Watermania or Richmond’s state-of-the-art pool experience at Minoru Centre for Active Living. Whether it’s swimming laps before an indulgent meal, splashing with the kids or challenging yourself on the Wibit obstacle course, a family swim is always a great idea.
- Taking a self-guided historical walking tour at Terra Nova and Brighouse Parks. Experience some of Richmond’s beautiful outdoors and re-energize your body and mind while walking the trails.
- Visiting the City’s website at www.richmond.ca/winterbreak to check out the great variety of single day programs, workshops and drop-in opportunities.
All activities meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by local and provincial health authorities.
Winter Daycamps still have spaces to keep kids active and social during the school break. Find all the details and how to register at www.richmond.ca/winterbreak.