Family Day weekend activities in Richmond
09 February 2021
Social circles may still be limited these days, but there’s still plenty to do indoors and outdoors, online and in-person over the upcoming Family Day weekend, Saturday, February 13 through Monday, February 15.
Over 40 family-friendly options are available to get you started on planning activities close to home including:
- Picking up a mini free sketchbook from noon to 4 p.m. at Britannia Shipyards and finding a quiet area among the acres of parkland to sketch at your leisure on your own or with your household group
- Getting creative – and maybe a little bit messy – in one of the many virtual and in-person craft sessions that include a clay doughnut art workshop, D.I.Y. photo frame craft and balloon twisting 101
- Trying to figure out how a professional magician pulls off those clever tricks during an online magic show for the whole family
- Getting an online workout in with sessions that include Jazz Dance, Tap Dance, Yoga, Bollywood Bhangra Fusion and Zumba®
- Gathering online with others to socialize and learn with the Show and Tell and Scavenger Hunt, and Storytime with a Naturalist
- Taking in “Inaction”, the new sculptural and performance-based installation at the Richmond Art Gallery
- Signing up for a registered family swim at our new state-of-the-art Minoru Centre for Active Living or family skating session at Minoru Arenas
- Walking in the picturesque trails in Richmond Nature Park, Terra Nova Rural Park or Garry Point Park.
All activities are virtual or physically-distanced and meet strict health and safety guidelines as set out by local and provincial health authorities where required.
Find all the details and how to register at www.richmond.ca/familyday.